Commuter/winter Hack

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dawsy, Nov 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Hi all,
    Looking for a bike for winter pootling and to keep my hand in when weather is minging. My Speedy lives in the workshop but there is a 6inch step to get in there and a bit of scratting with push bikes to get it out so a smallish trail bike or something that can live under a cover is needed.
    Local dealer has Keyway TX125 which looks ideal but I have no experience of Chinese bikes, so any comments about build quality and reliability will be much appreciated. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Well, I had a cf moto tourer that was a brill bike (copy of an ER6 dressed as a Pan euro), brilliant workhorse but you need to keep them away from salt as they react like an alka- seltzer in a glass!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Woh
    Those xj's are terrific bikes and just go and go. If I had not spent so much on getting this hornet I would snatch that one up.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Cheers all some good advice there.
    DD, a mate of mine sold an ER5 not long ago :(
    Wasn't looking then though!
    Privateer, that is shocking for poor lad. At least he never lost the interest in bikes. I would prefer to stick to Japanese rather than risk the Keys at to be honest.
    I will keep on looking;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I did the same as Privateer I purchased my boy I think it was called a kimrod or something to go to collage at Henley. He never told me but he had to push it up hills and it fell to bits eventually. As I say he never said He and his friends were fixing and keeping it going. He loves bikes still but does not ride all the time. But you know it makes me feel low that I gave my Boy a piece of rubbish.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    You should be proud of what he did with what he was given.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sprinter.
    I am so proud of him for every thing he has turned out to be. But it was so cruel and I can just see him trying to get from slough to Henley and pushing that piece of rubbish up the hills. But yes he did it and never complained. Maybe that's why he broke all the running times held at the collage. And he has held I think its the light middle weight belt in cage fighting for some years now. But I do think he has given that up. Which makes me happy.
    Ride Free
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1