Comfort Seat Vs King/queen

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Traveler, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Traveler

Traveler Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2023
    Helena, Sweet Home Alabama
    Are either worth the expense and if so which is usually preferred?

2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    I am using the comfort seat for 12.500 km and happy with it. 500km/day is not problem.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I have the king queen its good

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    Any other reviews appreciated.

5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    300 mile days on the comfort seat on bumpy roads, no problem at all. The standard seat was sore at 100 miles so well worth it IMO. Plus the comfort seat looks much better on the Bonnie. I would say its a must, the standard seat is pretty poor!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  6. Woodtickgreg

Woodtickgreg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Yeah I gotta do something with my seat too. I agree after about a 100 miles my butt Hurst and I start getting squirmy. Price for the king and queen is reasonable and I don't think it takes away from the look of the bike too much. I may have to give it a try too.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    King & queen would definitely be better if you intend taking pillions. Otherwise it's just a matter of personal preference (I went for the comfort seat).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    Are either any wider for the rider? Looks as if the K/Q might be but pics are often deceiving.

9. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Agreed the standard seat is like a plank, I tried the 'comfort' and found it better than standard but not by much.
    I then managed to find a secondhand King and Queen seat. Personally I found that by far the most comfortable of the three.
    I don't think either are wider for the rider, certainly the 'comfort' seat is the same size as the standard, I think the K/Q seat is no wider but it is thicker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    The K&Q is the way I'm leaning. How it looks is a distant 2nd to how it makes my butt feel on a long day!

Tks again for everyone's input & opinions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BLKWND

BLKWND Member

Nov 17, 2020
    HOUSTON
    The Comfort seat made all the difference for me.

It’s a shame one has to plunk down the extra money for a suitable seat on such a premium motorcycle. Like the price of the seat is going to sway a buyer from buying the Trumpet.

Do it right. What sense is it creating all of the standard seats nobody wants? What becomes of them when we buy the seat that should have come standard anyway?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  12. Woodtickgreg

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Yeah I just ordered the triumph king and queen seat. It is on backorder from triumph and I may not even get it for this riding season. But my dealer gave me a very good price for it, $340, so I guess I'm just stuck with waiting for it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  13. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    Ordered one last week myself & got the same reply. He said 2,3, maybe 4 weeks:(

• Like Like x 1
  14. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    So I ordered a King/Queen seat for my T120. Was told it's backordered and might be as long as 4 weeks to get one. Spoke with the dealer the other day and ask if it has come in yet. Said "No, might be another 3-4 weeks".

Did I mention I ordered it 10½ weeks ago:(

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I've come round a bit regarding the standard seat. Given that I like the colour contrast with my Black and it's also about an inch lower, I've been using it for every day journeys without any issues whatsoever (certainly no discomfort). I then have the comfort seat if I know I'm going to be in the saddle for some time (say, 100+ miles at a time). I then appreciate the additional plushness, but I don't find it necessary all the time.

16. Woodtickgreg

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    With the stock seat I go about 80 to a 100 miles before I need to get off, that's usually a fuel stop ish. Can't wait for the new king and queen comfort seat to arrive, but it is still on backorder. Winter is coming here so it probably won't be until next riding season that I get to try it out

17. BLKWND

BLKWND Member

Nov 17, 2020
    HOUSTON
    I never thought I’d be waiting for Fall to get the bike out. It’s been so hot for so long here I hardly rode anywhere all summer. No ball games or other destinations - nothing to make me want to get out.
    I’m a night rider too. Even at midnight it’s still been too hot to enjoy it. The Earth has been cooking all day and the roads stay hot long after the sun goes down.
    It’s getting better now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Woodtickgreg

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Thankfully we didn't have a blazing hot summer this year. Very few days in the 90's
    70s and 80s are good riding weather. And now fall Temps are here and it's nice to put proper gear on and go for a ride. I'll enjoy it while I can before the bike is put away for its long winter slumber.

19. Deadbroke55

Deadbroke55 New Member

Aug 5, 2021
    NY,Ny
    I don't know if you got this seat but I went with a Burton Bikebits seat. Looks the part and is thicker,so more comfortable. All the way from the UK to NY in a week.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Woodtickgreg

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    No I haven't recieved it yet. Paid for but it's still on backorder.
    I can wait........

• Like Like x 1