clutch switch ignitition disable switch question...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gringogordo, Sep 15, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gringogordo

gringogordo New Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Bath
    Hi I have a Speed Triple 2011 SE (essentially a 1050 2010 I think!). I've had intermittent problems with the clutch disable switch which are really getting annoying now. I gave it a good clean a couple of weeks ago went for a days riding and it kept not starting for a while. Interestingly it seemed that waggling [technical term] the handle bars seemed to help and the bike started each time within 3 or 4 minutes.

Essentially all the lights come on and it loioks like it's ready to go but nothing happens when I press the start button. Nothing changes but after a while and a bit of waggling it starts!

Someone suggested that the issue may now be with the kill switch getting snagged or being dirty and it not being the clutch switch at all (recently wiggling the clutch wire seems to be no help so I was wondering!)

I'm a bit of a technical numpty so I just wondered if anyone has any advice on this or a way of testing where the actual problem lies. I was thinking of just replacing the clutch switch mechanism and wiring and then looking elsewhere if the problem persists but perhaps there is a cheaper / easier way (I can't find a cheap replacement on eBay!)

Thanks.

2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Could be you have to much free play at the clutch lever.