Clutch Probs - New Levers

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by andyb57, Jul 31, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Anybody else experience clutch adjustment problems with dog leg levers?
    Previous owner fitted them but did very few miles. Having racked up a few hundred and doing some fettling I am finding it difficult to move the bite point further out.
    Have the originals so may refit them - I'm old skool and prefer big old lump of shiny alloy to intricate CNC anyway :)

2. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    no?? Just me then - refit the originals I reckon.....

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    did you put the bushes in from the original levers? I had a problem with mine that caused the bike not to start unless I had the lever set to minimum. It was pointed out that I hadnt transferred the bush, once done this cured the problem and gave the lever a more solid feel.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    wot he said,lol

5. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Just as crispey said :). People had same issues with ASV levers where they failed to transfer the bush and when you tighten the bolts, everything goes bonkers. Clutch doesn't return properly and sometimes wouldn't fire.

6. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't fit the levers but have the various original bits so will check that bushes were fitted. Will also give the longer adjuster a go, hopefully it will cure the travel problem.

Cheers all

• Like Like x 2
  7. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Bush seems to be fitted ok....will have to doublecheck when I'm next home.
    Thanks all.