Clip For St1050 Sprint Speedo

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sprinter1050uk, Jun 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    Fitted new bulbs to St 1050 Sprint, removing screen and clocks etc for ease of access. Sod’s law says that if you drop a clip you can never find it. Looked on line but am unable to identify what type it is, don’t want to use dealer. The speedo is just a plastic push fit through a grommet and the metal clip is similar to a u clip but has an open end to slide over the protruding plastic to hold it in place but obviously I must be looking for the wrong thing as i don’t think a you clip is 100% the right type.

2. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    Have a look in parts catalogue worldoftriumph.com

3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    It might be an R-CLip. Can you post a photo of the one you have not lost?

4. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    Thanks for the replies. Looked on world of triumph and the part shown is called a Clevis pin with a r clip. This is not what came off. I suppose a r clip will suffice. Can’t take pic as have reassembled everything, and was hoping only to take it apart again to fit required piece. Definitely looks more like an open ended u clip that just slides on to the ball end of the plastic insert. With the cover and screen in place it’s not going anywhere for the time being but I prefer to have things as they should be.

5. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    After a bit of searching the net, apparently it is a circlip SL.

• Like Like x 1