Clean As A Whistle .....

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Snox, May 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Snox

Snox Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Tamworth
    I have never been a full on clean bike all the time person but am now finding myself wanting to keep my new street nice n sparkly .
    So what do you all use and recommend I should be looking for .thx .

2. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    snowfoam is decent make sure you use a ph neutral good quality one,I've used before its good value if you buy 5 ltrs pack ,mucoff also good won't harm finish on bike follow instructions hose bike spray on leave few mins agitate it then rinse dont let it dry,dodo juice shampoo great stuff but pricey protects paintwork well and you use very little of it,dry paint work with decent cloth microfibre or similar Halfords sell kits with paint work friendly sponge/cloth sets.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snox

Snox Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Tamworth
    Cheers Chuk . Seen snow foam but I believe I need a extra equipment to go with my pressure washer ? Heard of muc of , gonna have to try it . Ideally want something that doesn't involve to much rubbing / touching of paintwork .

4. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    #4 chuk, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    snofoam lances are £20 odd much cheaper than they used to be autoexpress award winning snofoam 5ltr (dilute 7to1)works out cheaper than mucoff,if buying mucoff try to look on web for twin 1ltr pack just over tenner 1 ltr about £7-8 ,watch out for cheaper stuff can damage anodised parts as higher pH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Snox

Snox Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Tamworth
    Thanks for ya advice mate . Taken on board ;)

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I take my bike through the car wash :eek:
    Keep your visor down though :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Bloody hell mate
    Do you really do all that :eek: ?
    Please don't park your bike next to mine :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I can drink 4 or 5 pints and a couple of jack Daniels in an hour :confused:

Bikes filthy though :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snox

Snox Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Tamworth
    Sounds like ya rides always clean n fair play . Doubt I will ever reach that level.
    Those brushes look good and out of interest how do you go about applying the 365 treatment. Thanks s

10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Spray muc-off, leave 5 minutes(don't let it dry off), agitate with a soft wheel brush where required - on the oily bits
    Wash all over with car shampoo and a sponge,
    Rinse off,
    dry with a wilkinsons grey car dry microfibre towel thingy (99p and better than a chamois)
    Spray with muc-off Bike Spray and wipe down [​IMG]
    Muc-off speed polish on the painted bits.[​IMG]

30 minutes top's.

ACF50 twice a year, enough to protect and doesn't wash off like some water based rust-proofers (F365).

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    mucoff do some good brushes best buy separately sometimes,big soft bristles one good for engine/paintwork etc,details small brush for forks levers wheels etc last for ages,I also use fs365 easier to clean bike after spray lasts ages as you use little of it.

12. Snox

Snox Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Tamworth
    Cheers all . Gone get some muc of and 365 , along with some brushes and micro mit

13. JimboSpeed

JimboSpeed New Member

Jul 9, 2017
    U.K.
    If it's already been mentioned then apologies....

Gtechniq products

Very expensive but you get what you pay for.

I've always used their C5 wheel armour on lacquered wheels, works at a molecular level and bonds seriously strongly! Makes washing wheels an absolute doddle... no more than a hose off and they are good as new again.

Their other products are great too, some of them more geared toward professional application but can't recommend them highly enough

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Too much fannying about! I wash the Tiger with ordinary car shampoo and a hose - sometimes I squirt Muc-off on it (or Poundlands Dirty Bike stuff) and then blow dry it with the leaf blower.
    Bonneville has never been washed - any dirt is wiped off with Aldi baby wipes (or any cheap alternative) and then spray polished with Mr Sheen (or Aldi's version). Job done - time spent faffing about with different products that all do the same basic thing is time you are not spending riding!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Thats what Baby wipes are for, Removing shite:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Interesting....yes:)
    But what a bloody faff on :(

17. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire

Agree with all of this but I only use polish if the paintwork has swirls or has a fair amount of fallout on it. Polish will remove a tiny amount of your lacquer top coat so if it's not needed miss out this step and use it just twice a year or so to remove the grime washing alone cannot shift. If it's bad then the paintwork can be decontaminated further with clay bar but I don't normally bother with this on the bike like I do on the car. To finish off use a quality wax - add a couple of coats at least as it will help make cleaning it next time easier plus water will bead right off so less dirt will stick. For the really anal use a Raceglaze 0ppm water filter on the final rinse to avoid water spots on difficult to dry areas.

Check out the forums here if you think I am going too far. I'm lazy comapred to these guys!

Oh, if you do use a wax finish layer do not use a Traffic Film Remover as it will eat into the wax, which defeats the object.

18. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's Stu-baby, he does great reviews of loads of stuff - well worth subscribing to.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Polish cleans, wax protects. :)