Classic Tt

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bob1, May 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    another casualty they have cancelled the classic now☹️

2. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    I agree with you good and bad news for me the good steam packet have said they will refund the ferry money bad news i will have to write of the £800 I have paid for the hotel:(

• WTF WTF x 1
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Surely the hotel isn't saying they are still accepting guests at the present time :eek::eek:
    And if they're not then a refund should be given :cool::cool:

4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    The Steam Packet have last week refunded for our trip end of May-June trip so I don’t think it will be a problem getting a refund for the ClassicTT/MGP. I’ll contact them in a few weeks and ask for a refund for that event also.

Luckily we don’t pay any deposit for our hotel as we go there ever year, it’s just a matter of letting them know the confirmed dates once I’ve booked the ferry.

5. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    according to the steam packet they will get in touch with you you can either have a refund or carry the ticket over to next year

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    That’s what I read on their website weeks ago about the TT sailings but they never contacted me so I contacted them early last week and they offered a full refund or carry the ticket over.
    If you paid by card and you want a refund then the same card has to be active(not expired) to get the refund which takes about 2-3 days.

7. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    I paid for the hotel months ago by the end of august this will probably be all over and the hotel will be open. they will just say we are open why should we give you a refund.

8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I know from people in the hotel business over there that when it was first announced that the TT was cancelled the IOM government was looking at helping hoteliers out financial over this period.

I’d be in contact with your hotel to try and get a refund.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    problem is I booked it through hotel.com and they have said no refund

10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Do you have travel insurance.

11. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    unfortunately not I will just have to cut my losses put it down to experience no point dwelling on it

12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire