Classic Tt/manx Gp

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Tiglet, Aug 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Off to the IOM again on Thursday for the Classic TT/Manx gp Festival of Motorcycling, there for 7days :)

My biggest problem is my carer isn’t coming with me, hopefully I’ll not forget to take my meds:eek:

Anyone else going :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    What he said.

3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Thanks Andy and Sprinter, I must take a picture of the pink house that @dilligaf was talking about whilst at this years GMU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then again thinking about it was it a pink house or a pink elephant that he’d seen :eek:;);)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s there I tells ya :worried:

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    What the pink elephant.

Bet you’ve seen quite a few of those :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Where are you parking the motor home.

I’m stopping at The Falcons Nest, Port Erin and if your in the area one evening then pop in. You’ll easily recognise me I’ll be the young good looking dude :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I'm not that good looking :kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    If your mate looses you then he’ll probably find you here http://aidrescueiom.org/the-sanctuary :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Well we docked in Douglas at 13:15 and it was pishing it down so had to stop on the quayside to put on my overtrousers on. Rukka textile trousers at home.

By the time I got to Port Erin it was sunshine although wet roads.

20 metres from the hotel entrance I’m greeted with this view, on a clear day you can see the Mountains of Mourne, Ireland.

1EDDA385-7764-4EB3-AC89-CCB730F124F0.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  11. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hope you have a great time Dave :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Had a wonder around the race paddock in Douglas this morning and meet forum member @wizard who I’d meet at the Southern100 in July. Wizard (Jason) comes from that mystical land called Norfhamptonshire

9B9B2819-65F3-4EE0-860B-5138658665FE.jpeg B70AE695-9B49-4506-8865-E35256B1C8BE.jpeg
    444E7881-3B55-4655-95CC-18CB8FE6B48D.jpeg

This old girl was parked on the hotel car park this morning
    B91F60C0-A80A-4786-AC44-998074C31948.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  13. wizard

wizard Member

hi tiglet, what a bloody bit of luck meeting you in the manx grand prix suppoters tent drinking tea (which is my favourite pastime these days ) at the manx ,after are meeting in a field at the southern 100 races with your other mates (especially the old miserable git )i am sure you remember him hahahah he did make me giggle thou
    the weather this year was to say the lease shit , did you go to jurby ? ,i did not as the weather was just way to bad
    we must meet up some time in the future and go for a ride out in the uk or further afield which i would look forward to as i we are like minded rip the piss out of anybody (bring misery guts for a laugh)
    ride safe jason

14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hey @wizard glad you remembered the forum mate and yes it was good to see you again :)

The old miserable git (bob) I’d only met a couple of days previously as he was staying in the same hotel as me.
    I don’t think he will be invited again by the group he was with which is a shame as he was the entertainment :joy:
    I didn’t go to Jurby on the Sunday,,,,,,,sat in the hotel bar having a few beers waiting for the MotoGP to start :mad:

Quite a few of us meet up annually at the Forum GMU (Grand Meet Up) see any of the treads headed ‘2019 GMU’ in the lounge section of the forum and get booked in early.
    You’ll enjoy the ride outs, food, drink and banter.

Ride safe Jason, you don’t want any more of those torpedoes up your arse do you :eek:;):)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. wizard

wizard Member

no torpedoes up my arse for now
    ha, i hope no more torpedos up my arse in the future o_O

will have a look into the gmu next year
    yes motogp was rather bad with all the pissing about etc , i was in the homestay having tea biscuits by a open fire :yum you can see why i go back to the same place every year
    just waiting for the steam packet to do the sailings for next to get booked up early ,you doing southern 100 and manx again ?
    jason

16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I’ve booked into the same hotel for the usual 3 trips over to the IOM races for next year :) .

There’s no wonder you go back to the same homestay if that young filly is waiting for you lying on the sofa drinking red wine and only wearing her nightie :eek:

Hope you gave a good account of yourself;):)

17. wizard

wizard Member

matron , your mind is running away with you on the red wine,lying on the sofa,nightie .shes in 70s
    i only saw one who was my type of girl, josh brookes missus now we talking:heart_eyes: ,oh and the lady in the Davidson ice-cream van who gives me an scoop of chocchip mint :joy::p:grinning: now were talking

18. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Your to fussy young man :eek: