Classic Handlebar On Street Twin

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by ÖHS, Feb 1, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ÖHS

ÖHS New Member

Oct 19, 2022
    İstanbul
    Good Day Everybody.
    I customized/ optimized quite a bit on my Street Twin. Some performance tweaks but also changes just for the looks.
    One of few last things I am not really happy about is the handlebar and riding position.
    I already installed 20mm risers which improved the riding position slightly but not sufficiently.
    The reason I tried risers before moving on to changing the handlebar are the involving work and costs.
    I attached a pic to show what I am thinking about (not necessarily as wide).

My questions to you:
    -Is there an easy swap solution (swap without meddling with hoses and cables etc.) close to the kind of handlebar on the attached foto? Maybe even Triumph ones?
    -Is the T100 handlebar an easy swap?
    -Is the Street Scrambler handlebar an easy swap?
    -Could you please share pics and your experience if you have changed handlebars on the ST?

Thanks a lot in advance upload_2023-2-1_12-58-11.gif :)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    If you try the 'search forums' and use something like 'street twin handle bars' you should find previous posts on this subject. It's come up a few times . I can't remember the details but I seem to recall that the switch to Street Scrambler bars requires slightly longer cables (from the Scrambler) but the chap that did it was pleased with the result. Are you sure that T100 bars are different to the Street Twin bars ? I didn't realise they were and I can't be bothered to check part numbers to find out.
    I like the bars on the bike in your pic but they look significantly higher and maybe longer. I reckon you would need longer cables. I have no idea how helpful the Turkish branch of Triumph are, but my local Triumph shop seem quite knowledgeable about this sort of thing. Maybe you could ask them..yours not mine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Incidentally, where did you see that Triumph? I love the colour scheme. It looks like a much modded Street Twin or T100, is that right?

• Like Like x 1
  4. ÖHS

ÖHS New Member

Oct 19, 2022
    İstanbul
  5. ÖHS

ÖHS New Member

Oct 19, 2022
    İstanbul
    There is nobody I would know of who could help me at Triumph/Korlas here in Istanbul. I have searched the forum and the internet already, the most substantial information I could get was a 1hr40min installation video by British Customs on Youtube but I'd like to avoid stripping down half the bike if possible.

6. ÖHS

ÖHS New Member

Oct 19, 2022
    İstanbul
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I've just done a quick check on this forum using the 'Search Forums' button at the top of the screen..see it?..below the black Triumph logo up there on the left? I typed in 'handlebars street twin' and it came up with several past posts on the subject. Some of the info there may be useful to you.
    If all you want to do is switch handlebars you won't need to strip down half the bike. A chap called Tony Walters did a series of vids on Youtube about modifying his Street Twin when they first appeared, around 2017, under the title 'Views From The Man Cave'. There must have been over a dozen episodes. He later sold his ST and moved on to other bikes. I watched them all but can't remember if he showed a handlebar swop, you'll have to check them out.

I had a look at the FCR blue&chrome Street Twin. Gorgeous. They didn't mention having any issues with the ST speedo and its electrical gubbins. I've read of other customisers having problems but obviously FCR found a solution.
    I haven't checked out the BAAK sites yet, although I've seen their work with Bonnevilles, including the ST.

• Thanks Thanks x 1