Choices Choices

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Dawsy, Mar 24, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Thanks all. I would like to say you have made things easier for me but I am even more torn now o_O:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Neal H

Neal H Active Member

Mar 7, 2021
    England
    On a bike, there isn’t actually that much paint on it so you could probably get it resprayed any colour you like for a few hundred pounds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    If you were to change
    I'm strongly considering this or a vinal wrap. I'm buying a new street triple and the colour schemes are awful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    #24 Arno triple, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    I have a Matt one, no issues at all. Fitted keyless filler cap, evotech tail tidy and radiator/oil cooler, heated grips, led blinkers, several carbon parts, aluminum brakefluid reservoirs, led headlights, … Uhm… probably some more, for luggage I use a tank bag (on a ring, so free from paint) and the saddlebag from Triumph. For me enough room to go on a trip for two weeks. So, bottom line: get one. Don’t worry about paint, you can always wrap it!

8AE06EF9-56BE-43CA-91C5-149CD1BC3E04.jpeg

74EFB7BC-9CA5-4F04-A504-EABCD386EADA.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    #25 Dawsy, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    Lovely Arno:heart_eyes:
    What is the saddle bag you use? Is it specific to the later Speedys?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    To answer your original question's option B...
    A bit unusual but I don't actually like so called tail-tidies, but neither did I like the rather agricultural steel plate hanger of the pre '16's so I managed to fit the plastic one from later models (not as straight forward as I'd hoped) complete with the Triumph accessory LED indicators.
    Rear.jpg

At the other end I went the retro round headlight route - with a modern twist.
    Front.jpg

And Triumph don't miss an opportunity to stick their name on something.
    20220326_143907.jpg

Mirrors.jpg

Probably illegal but I couldn't resist :)...........
    Ind.gif

I've added switches next to the instruments to disable the above "feature", enable DRL only, and add hazards (Triumph decided we didn't need them for a number of years), plus fitted a Healtech gear indicator. It's now full behind that flyscreen. :)
    I think I've got more pleasure from making my 94R a bit different rather than just going down the dealers for the latest model. Existing power and handling is already better than me, so don' feel the need for more. :)

• Like Like x 8
  7. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Very nice Col:grinning:
    I have those mirrors and reservoirs, and a mate has just bought a 2012 Speedy with those indicators on which do look smart. Can get a full set and relay on Ebay for 160 quid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yes, they're not cheap are they! (but pretty good quality)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I have the matt one and haven’t had an issue at all BUT I managed to get all the bodywork from a white rs for £200 all in on fleabay!
    I didn’t get the tank as it didn’t have the pump (so I couldn’t be bothered to change it) so you can have the both black and white pretty easily as it doesn’t take 30 mins to change it all.
    Ps, for the tank, I bought a bagster cover in white so it'll be all white if I want it pretty quickly!
    Nothing bad has happened with matt black though as I clean it with just wet-wipes type thing and don’t get all rubbing it with cloths etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    Great tail pack, I foolishly gave mine to the buyer of my 2017R,,now been trying to find the same for my 2019s,,i bought the held iconic medium tailpack, great quality but just a wee bit smaller than I expected, should have gone large,

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. morebeanz

morebeanz New Member

Mar 11, 2022
    Surrey

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MattChr

MattChr Member

Apr 23, 2018
    North London
    Had my Speed R Matt silver for 4 years / 12k, ridden all year round.
    The Matt cost seems pretty tough, washed with the usual Muc-off, snow foam and pressure washer from a distance, which I’ve done with all my bikes. If anything it doesn’t show as many scratch or scuff marks as a gloss finish.
    All my bikes have used tank lock ring bags, magnetic tank bags always scratch.
    For the knees I use knee grips anyway, so no issues of wear there.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    So, may have found an RS that ticks the right boxes, 2019 white with brand new Road 5's, Evotec guards, tail tidy, heated grips etc. One concern is it has a Datatool S4 alarm fitted and I seem to remember reading that alarms should be avoided or am I mistaken?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    #35 tcbandituk, Apr 2, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    Never had a problem with alarms myself and always had them fitted for years on different bikes, had an RS with the S4 fitted with no problems and have one on my Tiger that works fine.
    That said, if you do want to remove the alarm, it's a 30 second job ,so I wouldn't worry about it either way. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Have you ridden it ?
    I’d be interested to hear how you think it compares…
    Hope it works for you. Private or via dealer ?.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    No not ridden it. It's from a dealer over there. There are no places local to me where I could ride one unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Cheers TC. It's always good to hear first hand experience:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    When is it being delivered Dawsy ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    It's not @Oldskool
    Spoke to a dealer who is going to call me if one comes in. As I have not ridden one and it was a long way from home if any problems arise. Was told by my wife and grandson that my red one looks better anyway:grinning:
    And there were a few more stories about the keyless ignition not playing:scream:
    Just fitted some Triumph LED indicators and will keep mine for now:grinning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1