Cheering When Someone Crashes..rossi Could Stop This

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Sep 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Watched the Misano GP yesterday and it’s disgusting that there is still booing from a large group of Rossi “Fans” when other riders they don’t like crash, Lorenzo was leading the race in what was atrocious conditions when he had a nasty looking high side and all the “Rossettes” ( I call them that as they are like a bunch of girl groupies who drool over their hero) started to cheer, they have no interest/knowledge in bike racing whatsoever and are just an embarrassment to every true racing fan, there is only one guy who could stop this disgraceful behaviour.. Rossi one word from their hero and it would all stop but he refuses to do this.
    Having witnessed umpteen fatal crashes on tv and many that are life changing it beggars belief that anyone would cheer a crash,it’s bad enough when the “Rossettes” boo when one of Rossis rivals wins but to cheer at a crash that just takes stupidity to another level.
    I have always admired Rossi and was a big fan of his when he started out, but unfortunately since he has had some serious competition he has said and done things that are bang out of order, whether it’s desperation as his last title was so long ago or that his mind games don’t work on the current riders I don’t know,but he could do himself a lot of good if he just says he doesn’t agree to the cheering and ask his “Fans” to stop it

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Whilst I still like Rossi as a rider ( his achievements are pretty impressive still ) , his fans do leave a lot to be desired by this behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I've experienced these Rossettes first hand, the story goes,,,, A few years ago I was fortunate enough to be given a full 3day paddock pass with hospitality by a friend of mine who was a manager of a rider and used to work in the MotoGP race paddock.
    Lorenzo had just won the MotoGP race and a few people, not calling them race fans,were at the back of the works Yamaha pit garage and an ex rider walked past and went into the Yamaha pit garage via the back door. At the front of the group were 2 tee shirted rossettes in all their Rossi finery and I overheard one of them say in what sounded like a southern/cockney accent to his mate 'who was that' his mate replied after about 10 seconds 'that's Ron Haslam mate', 'who's Ron Haslam' replied the first rossette.
    I couldn't help myself and burst out laughing and told them who it really was, it was Phil Read ex Yamaha works rider and the first person to win a world championship on a Yamaha.
    They hadn't got a clue about anything race wise.
    They must have followed the rest of the sheep and dressed in Rossi regalia :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    How did you guys feel C Foggerty? Oh, wait, he's a Brit. I get it. Rossi fan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Who's C Foggerty???

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Excellent racer in his day, as a tv presenter leaves a lot to be desired.
    When he has commentated on races I find him annoying purely because he states the bloody obvious !
    Offers no insight as to why something has happened just bleats like a sheep.
    In fact if he said baa baaa baaaaaaa to the mike he would sound more intelligent and clued up imv.
    Sad to see what was a well respected racer in his day turned into the equivalent of a reality TV star.
    Brainless and moronic.

7. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    Ok, I can live with that.

8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Don't you mean Carl Fogarty not C Foggerty ;)

It's not the riders that this thread is about but the booing by Rossettes :mad:

No one can doubt that Rossi is an excellent rider.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    It was in Italy!
    I think you need to see the needling through the lens of mutual Spanish and Italian claims of skulduggery that predate Rossi and Marquez. I think there are very few that would wish injury or worse.
    Wait for Aragon.........

Don't even mention EU solidarity!!

10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah but it doesn't seem to matter where they are racing those Rossettes are everywhere:(

11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Marquez has quite a following for someone who, for me, showed an unpleasant streak in his Moto2 days and once or twice since. I thought he was masterful at Misano.

Phil Read? Watched him quite a few times most memorably at Silverstone where he and Ago on MVs bracketed Sheene in the early 70s.

12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Me,,,I'm old enough to remember Read & Ivy on the 125 & 250 4 cylinder Yamahas as well as the works Hondas, 125 5 cylinder, 250 & 350 6cylinder and 500 4cylinder.
    In fact I remember Read riding the twin 250 Yamaha, Pre 4 cylinder.

13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If I wasn't so old I'd remember things like that!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Thanks haven't watched it yet :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Jez i would imagine a lot of them are bikers going with the amount of bikes you see at the GP,but even if they are not all bikers they would have to be even more stupid than i think they are to think coming off a bike and getting thrown into the air at 140mph or whatever is not going to hurt the rider or worse:worried: i've never fallen off a bike myself but i know it would hurt at any speed, never mind the speeds the moto gp boys go:eek: i'm all for rivalry in moto gp between the riders themselves,i used to love the clashes with Wayne Rainey and Kevin Schwantz they hated each other but it didn't spill over to the fans,i was a big Schwantz fan but i was gutted when Wayne had his accident and ended up in a wheel chair..maybe it would take something like that for the "Rossette" morons to realize how ignorant they are:mad: or preferably get Mr X to give them all a lesson;)!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Threepots

Threepots Member

May 17, 2015
    wales uk
    I met him a couple of years ago at a show and had lots of time for all ,seemed a tidy guy .

17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    He was never the nicest guy when he was racing,but he seems a lot more relaxed and friendlier now, although he's not a natural in front of the cameras..probably why you don't see him much on tv taking about the races

18. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    I always watched the MotoGP every year and followed it with interest and ever really was a Rossi fan however I was always a neutral fan, was always amazed at Stoner on the Ducati and laughed when Rossi said that Stoner was on a bike that anyone could win the GP on. It was pure comedy to me when Rossi went across to Ducati and could'nt ride it, spent three years trying to get Ducati to build a Yamaha :) Rossi in my eyes lost a great deal of respect as a rider and a sportsman especially when he went back to Yamaha in number 2 garage where he had Lorenzo's cast offs on his bike.:)

Back to the OP's point, yes its very sad how people react as a fan and how they could think its ok to cheer when another racer could have died or serious and life changing injury in their accident. Should be monitored and banned as its ignorant and dam right stupid to see this behavior is ok.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    These Rosettes sound like the equivalent of football casuals to me......no interest in the sport,just trouble:mad: