Channel 5 to show MotoGP highlights

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Tiglet, Mar 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    there was talk of MotoGP going back to sky, anyone info on this?

3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I have a friend who used to work full time in the old gp and motogp paddock, he's just been working over in Jerez with the moto 2&3 testing.
    If I can find any news off him I'll post on here Dougie.

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That would be great Dave,hopefully it doesn't move to sky, as i no longer subscribe..and don't want to sign up again but if it moves I'll have no option:(

5. mappster

mappster Member

Jan 24, 2017
    North Wales
    Its good news that MOTOGP is still available to people who don't subscribe to a tv package. Motorcycling needs all the publicity it can get and removing racing from mainstream tv would not be good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Good news, I sacked BT sport after the season ended and wasn't looking forward to stumping up for it again. Tended to skip through the chit chat and just watch the races anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've got BT broadband so i get BT sport for £6.00 a month:),if it does go to sky I'll be god knows what a month:eek::( Don't like watching just highlights so channel 5 won't be any good for me:(as well as all the racing i really enjoy watching the qualifying and interviews etc, so if it does move from BT Sport I'll be well miffed:(:(..if Eurosport ever manage to get MotoGP I'll be well happy as I'm only £3.99 for that..great for BSB & WSB:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    I've watched the last few seasons free on Mondeo.

9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Whats Mondeo:confused: and how do i get it!!

10. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    Sorry mate - I'm on a tablet that auto corrects (and I'm too thick to check it!)

Download the Mobdro app.

I don't pay for any sports & watch the lot sky/bt/Eurosport etc.

11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm not too clued up on apps:oops: am i able to download it onto my Laptop? with Eurosport i just log on to the site then attach a lead from my laptop into the TV?

12. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    Well...yes. Sort of :)

Its supposed to be available for laptop, but I simply cant get it to work on mine.

Works ace on my Tesco Hudl2 tablet and smart phone - must me my pc is dead old.

Don't get me wrong, it aint as good as watching it on a 50 inch UHDLEDTV, but its a damn sight cheaper (free).

https://www.mobdro.com/

13. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Yeah mobdro great little app, I get to watch British TV here in OZ via the app, it can be installed on any media player running an android operating system, and the watched on any TV the media player will connect to !! There might be one player it won't work on but the two I own it runs fine , being Strong SRT MPT and the Astone A208 , the strong is medium definition 720p the Astone is 1080p and 4K, strong cost me $59.00 Astone cost me $209.00 both have WiFi and remote play ( on TV in different room ) Astone will take up to a 3terra byte internal hard drive ! They both run Android 4 or better, also you get Kodi 16/17,hich is very versatile and many apps run in kodi, you can run/play almost any android app/game on them.

Cheers capt.

14. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    #14 sprintdave, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Great app. Took a little to download it, lots of guides on playstore which seemed to do nout. Went on the net and found it easily and downloaded it. I get access to btsport anyway through my daughter's password and account details but sometimes I fail to get in. This app gives me another shot at it. Roll on next Sunday

Edit. even better, I got up this morning after installing on my tablet last night and tried to get it to play through my tv but the micro usb adaptor I had didnt fit the lenovo tablet, tried my samsung phone and eureka, I can play from my phone through my tv via hdmi cable. Bring it on.
    Thanks for the very useful info Bonzo.

15. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Got so confusing trying to find JUST a down load for desk top I give up!

16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    not too keen on downloading too much unless i have too..just something else to slow the computer down:( i would be a bit concerned when streaming live that the action would freeze just at the wrong times:mad::eek:,it will be interesting to hear how you guys get on with mobdro..do you still get the qualifying etc?

17. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    I bought a lead off ebay to connect my tablet to the plasma tv, alas I cant get any audio output whatsoever :(

Like I say, Mobdro has its negatives, but cant argue for the price.

18. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    Yeah Dougie, its the BT sport (or whatever channel you want) entire package.

19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That's quite a big negative:eek:,,although at times the commentators do haver a lot of Sh*t at times;)

20. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    There's audio with Mobdro, its just when I connect to my tv via a lead it doesn't want to make any sound.

It'll be my settings on either device - no fault with Mobdro :)

• Like Like x 2