Changing Side Panels

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Essexboy, Jul 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    I'm changing the sidepanels on my 2012 Bonneville for a set of shorter ones but they do leave the air intake exposed. Is this going to be an issue or will it be OK?

2. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    Although not a picture of my bike these are the sidepanels I've bought from TEC.

tec panels.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    I'd wondered about riding in rain but to be honest that is something I don't intend doing and as I've reached an age where the bike is unlikely to be used for more than a day trip I'm hoping I'll get away with that ;) How do you find the breathe intake? I've been wondering about one of those and removing the air box baffling too.
    I suspect they may have been looking at YR5s or YDS7s before designing these ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    I've already had the ECU altered for the loud pipes will that be OK to do the airbox mods and filter change on mine?

5. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    And they're on :) Still need to paint them though so they'll be coming off again.

DSCN3068.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    Yeah the original owner had the dealer map it for the pipes, I have looked at the TTP map and there's no denying it looks good but funds are a bit too tight to go for it at the moment :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi, if the guy has had the dealer load a map for the pipes it will only be for the exhaust not for any intake mods etc so if you do anything with that end you’ll either have to get it dyno’d or something along the TTP tunes

8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi, if the guy has had the dealer load a map for the pipes it will only be for the exhaust not for any intake mods etc so if you do anything with that end you’ll either have to get it dyno’d or something along the TTP tunes, what pipes are they?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Essexboy

Essexboy Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Essex
    They're Norman Hyde pipes.

10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Agree with crispey. Mine had TORS fitted and the dealer map for them but that only covers the exhaust modification.
    If you remove the air box baffle (look out for my thread somewhere in the Bonnie section) and remove the snorkel and use an improved filter (DNA or K&N) then you will need a further remap from either TTP or have it set up on a dyno as this alters the induction side and will make the bike run lean on the standard or TORS map.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1