Chains &sprockets

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Malcolm Woods, Oct 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods Noble Member

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    Hello all the Norfolk boy here again, cleaning the chain yesterday and discovered a couple of tight spots in the chain, as I like to keep everything perfect I will have new chain and sprockets fitted, I was thinking maybe a bit of bling, what about a gold chain, never seen one on a T100, maybe I need to be put in an asylum as this is my biggest worry.
    Thanks All
    mallywoods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    While not a fan of gold bling I do think gold chains look nice.

How many miles do you have on the chain? Tight spots within reason are normal.

3. Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods Noble Member

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    8500mls

4. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I'd have thought you should get twice that with normal use if you look after it. I've got over 13,000 on mine and was thinking of renewing, but mainly because I wanted to go a bit larger on the rear sprocket, but then l realised I was just changing it out for something to try, not because it needed it.

I've got tight spots on my Thruxton and that is not yet a year old. You always adjust on the tight spot, so they are expected, within reason of course.

• Agree Agree x 1