Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Ceramic Coatings

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tigcraft, Apr 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Not Well Known Member
    Subscriber

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Anyone had their exhaust headers coated that would recommend this method? If so how long has the coating been on and how do they look now?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tigcraft

Subscriber

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Take it the question is too complicated?

3. BB3Lions

BB3Lions BB3Lions™©®
    Subscriber

Jul 26, 2018
    UK
    I don't know anyone who has had it done but from research they'll look the same as new 300k/m later. Worth the investment

• Like Like x 2
  4. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    Not had it done but been doing a bit of research, 1... If done properly it isn't cheap, 2...any blemish will show up like a sore thumb as it is a very thin coat, 3...Better than powder coat but will still scratch if abused.
    I am hoping to get a pair of Brembo calipers and master cylinder done when finances permit

5. Tigcraft

Subscriber

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I want a pair of down pipes ideally chroming but it looks like platers just aren’t interested

6. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Try www.agbriggchrome.co.uk as their website says they re-chrome exhausts which many others don't. And they're not too far away. I found them whilst looking for Castleford Chrome Platers who I have used in the past and may not now be trading - at least one reference to them said 'permanently closed', so who knows.
    Several other platers in the Leeds area.

7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    #7 Tiglet, Apr 15, 2019 at 9:48 PM
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 10:21 PM
    My riding Buddy had a exhaust header ceramic coated off a Yamaha XT500 by a company in North Wales ?

It looked good, how long did it last I don’t know as he sold the bike 6 months later to a friend.

All I know is it was a tad expensive so beware anyone thinking of having it do who lives east of the Pennines ;):)

8. Tigcraft

Subscriber

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    • Like Like x 1