Centre Spring Stand

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by david bray, Jul 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. david bray

david bray New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Ashford, Kent
    Hi ..2010 SE
    The spring on my centre stand got caught in the exhaust clamp bolt (due to the stand bolts being very loose!) .. as result the inner spring got stretched, when I used the stand, and possibly the outer one too...
    Try as I might, I cannot seem to find this double spring on sale anywhere

Any links, please?

Thank you!

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Try World of triumph or Fowlers websites, should have the part number on there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. david bray

david bray New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Ashford, Kent
    looked on there, just shows a single spring, which I have ordered... maybe they changed the spec?

4. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    I have just checked my T100 it has a double spring but World of Triumph quote the same part number as for your SE. It is only a line drawing on the website and difficult to show a double spring, I would hope that what you get is the correct item!

• Like Like x 1
  5. david bray

david bray New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Ashford, Kent
    thanks for checking Samsgrandad

• Like Like x 1
  6. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    I have just stripped my old 900 Trophy and have the stand springs if you haven't sorted new one yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. david bray

david bray New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Ashford, Kent
    I could only find the single spring, so if yours is the double, that would be amazing! Let me know what you want for them, please

8. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Hi David,
    Been and sorted the bags of bits and my Trophy had two single springs around135 mm free length, but I have two pairs of twin springs from another bike (don't know what ) 105 mm free length,
    You van have either set short or long if they are any use to you.
    I believe there is a way of Private messaging to let me know your address?
    PS no charge, glad to help if they are of use.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Strangely enough my centre stand has started to sag a litt too

10. david bray

david bray New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Ashford, Kent

Wow! Thank you so much! The springs are down the garage, I'll check later, and get back to you ... not sue how to PM on here... anyone know? My email is [email protected] if you want to message me on that.. and thanks again

11. Bryn

Bryn Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Croft, Leicestershire
    to PM click on the picture above the name of the person you want to talk to.Bateby45 in this case ...then the box that pops up ...choose ‘start a conversation’. Simples :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. david bray

david bray New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Ashford, Kent
    so, mystery solved ... although the WOT site shows the part as a single spring, tis actually a double, which duly arrived today.... bargain at £3!

Anyway, then the fun part.. fitting it

I have spring hooks etc, for use on my lambrettas, and had read people's fun in trying to fit the spring.. but... I found a trick I used on my scooters works on the main stand....

I offered the stand up and fitted the bolt and sleeve loosely on the L/h side, leaving the r/h side off completely, letting the stand flop about

Then connected the plate part, attached the springs to that and the main stand.

Then, levered the stand in position and slid the remaining bolt and sleeve... tighten up both bolts, jobs a good un, easy peasy

Sorry if somebody has already posted this somewhere, but I was quite chuffed with myself...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bryn

Bryn Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Croft, Leicestershire
    Glad you got it sorted ..... I’ve just put a centre stand on my SE... and found a comment on here re the spring that also worked a treat:cool:
    Instead of trying to fit the spring to the plate when the plate was in place, I fitted the plate to the notched bolt, then stretched the inner spring to the centre stand mounting point using a boot lace, then repeated with the outer spring :)

always good to have ideas :cool:

• Like Like x 2