Centerstand / Exhaust Compatability

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by 3S1, Dec 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 3S1

3S1 Well-Known Member

Hello, new guy and I’m in the market to buy either a late model or a brand new Bonnie T100.

One issue I’m facing is that many of the used Bonnies I’ve Looked at have aftermarket exhausts fitted, however due to my garage space I’m going to need a center stand. Secondly, if I do find a bike with the stock exhaust I’m probably going to want to replace it with another two into two exhaust with just a little more tone.

Can anyone offer advice as to which aftermarket exhausts will or will not be compatible with a Triumph center stand?

TIA, Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kenny11

Kenny11 New Member

Jun 17, 2019
    New Forest
    Hey Joe, I have a 18 plate T120 with a centre stand and have the British customs predator Pro exhaust, they are a perfect fit and sound gorgeous.
    Hope this helps.
    Al

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Same here with Remus short cans, beautiful sounds come out at different revs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    3S1
    just pop on to YouTube and check them out. You will find most aftermarket exhausts will be made with the center stand in mind.
    Regards & Ride Safe.
    Joe

5. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Hi Joe, the Norman Hyde Togas sound and look like the original Bonnie's did and you can get to the chain adjusters without removing the silencers or needing cranked spanners.

The OE Triumph stand functions perfectly with these, they supply a replacement rubber stop which aligns perfectly with the stand when up.

I bought the de-cat kit from Hyde's - note that the ECU isn't adaptive (on a 2018 T100) like it is on a T120. With a de-cat it'll need some assistance it being made to run right and NH do this by supplying a Power Commader 5 ready loaded with a revised map. Dynojet developed the map for NH with the use of a bike that they were loaned. You may be able to map these with Tune ECU nowadays but I'm not sure on that.

Here's what they sound like:

It's not cheap but a very well engineered upgrade that will ensure the well-being of your bike.

Black version: https://normanhyde.co.uk/hinckley-t...commander-black-exhaust-and-decat-bundle.html

Chrome: https://normanhyde.co.uk/hinckley-t...exhaust-power-commander-and-decat-bundle.html

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    They sound a great deal better than the uproar from the Dunstalls originally fitted to my 2013 T100, as it came to me.

I haven’t made any serious effort to understand all this electrickery. I understand carbs, blindly accept electronic ignition for its reliability and leave it at that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Quick thread hijack here, but...

It occurred to me, as I was preparing to fit the Motone exhaust tips I bought for my T120 a while back, that they're not going to be compatible with my use of a centre stand. The centre stand is non-negotiable so I'm guessing the tips are going to have to go back.

Can someone confirm that I'm not going mad, please?