Cat Removal From Thunderbird Storm.part One & Two

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by TEZ 217, Apr 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Well finally ordered two stainless 45 degree 38mm mandrel bends in order to remove the catalitic converter and allow the bike to breath as it should and of course to sound like a bike, :cool:.
    So up on the lift she goes - exhausts and left hand pillion peg removed.
    [​IMG]
    So that done I start to remove the cat loosen front pipe connections at cat and remove one bolt from rt side rear of cat, pull it back and right to remove it from a locating peg on left hand side, after one hell of a fight :mad: I eventually won. :D
    [​IMG]
    11 plus pounds of excess weight removed,
    So quick clean here and there and she's waiting for pipes to give her a better sound and refit of exhausts, :D but here's some pics while she waits. :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Apologies for garage mess, I just wanted @dilligaf to enjoy a messy garage again o_Oo_O When pipes arrive (tomorra hopefully) then I will add to this thread, Sorry please dont expect a part 1 or 2 etc, I'm not that sad :rolleyes:
    SO KEEP LOOKING IN THIS THREAD FOR - OK PART TWO

PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR PART TWO, AS COULDNT ADD TO THIS THREAD

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. David Downes

David Downes Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Essex
    Do you plan a retune and/or power commander? I've heard of people that say performance is worse (although sound is better) with the cat removal, until a tune is done.

3. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    No re-tune intended David, Done same job to my 1600 Tbird with no issues at all in performance and great sound only thing I did get was popping on
    de-aceleration which I quite liked :D Cant as yet say I've tried this one other than quick blast to shop to buy essential wine and beer o_Oo_O
    I got no popping but then again never really wound it on at all :confused:

4. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Thanks for that James, top man as always. :cool::cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1