Featured Cassington Bike Night.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Jun 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Popped along to Cassington tonight. What a great night I had. Did anyone make it there
    Regards
    Joe.

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1007 (2).JPG

IMG_1015 (2).JPG

IMG_1003 (2).JPG

IMG_0998 (2).JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Great photos, Joe! Looks like a cool event with terrific bikes galore. Wish I was a little closer in distance to it but it would be a long--and wet--haul for me to get there from Arizona. :D

Ok, I gotta ask. What the heck are BACON ROLLS??

• Like Like x 4
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T.
    Yes it would be a trek for you. But we will keep you up there with what's going on over. And you can do the same that side of the pond. Now Bacon Rolls. Are you sure you want to go there. Ask Ron the divide in language can sometime get over the top with the peeps here. But Bacon Rolls or Bacon Butties is just a bap or bread slices all juiced up with the good old porky pig or bacon slices simple as that. I personally don't eat red meat so can't say more but when being fried it's tempting.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    #4 joe mc donald, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Dozers Dad
    I did try to warn Sandi T but not as fast as you were. Poor girl doesn't know what he has let himself in for now.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hahaha! :joy::joy::joy: Oh my. "Pre production" bacon roll. Love it. What a cute little piglet. More so in the first pic than the second although the second one looks far more delicious and cleaner, too. Ok, not being British I have to ask what are (1) black pudding, (2) HP brown sauce, and (3) Rosie Lee?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Joe. Bacon Butties! That's awesome. And very descriptive, I might add. I grew up on a hog farm in Minnesota so have seen all things pig in my day. But I think this is the first time I've seen bacon on a bun. Hey, that has a nice ring to it--"Bacon on a Bun". Might be a new food truck theme here in the States.

• Like Like x 6
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T.
    Girl how big a hole do you want to dig. This could be another long night.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I knew this forum was dangerous. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, I was just about to make myself a martini and "dig in" for the evening. :grinning: No Bacon Butties, however. I may just have some roasted almonds and read about motorcycles.

• Like Like x 5
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    Yes so did I well almost as I worked and spent all my spare time on one. May be why I don't eat red meat.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T.
    Don't drink either makes me a boring old fart. But I could join you for a nice cup of Rosie Lea.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Black Pudding hate it. When I was with my wife that was the first row we had as I opened my fridge and there it was staring at me. I opened the door and it got thrown as far as I could. She was not amused. HP goes on all my food and no Rosie Lea no food they go hand in hand.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ahh, I can see I have a bit of British culinary research ahead of me. ;) My curiosity is certainly piqued now. For you it sounds like no black pudding ever. And HP and Rosie Lea always. And, don't worry about being considered a boring old fart. If you don't drink or eat read meat but you DO ride a rockin' Triumph motorcycle, the latter MC factor overrides (no pun intended) the former food and drink abstention.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Dozers Dad! You have saved my evening from doing British food and beverage research. I can now relax and drink my martini in peace while reading about motorcycles as it should be. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the info! So...can Rosie Lee be ANY kind of tea? HP sauce sounds kind of like A1 steak sauce or some variation of BBQ sauce. I looked it up on Wikipedia too, and like that it contains malt vinegar which I adore. I think I'll take a pass on the black pudding, though. Yeah....it would have to be WAAAAAY better than it sounds. Although I do always say that I'll try any food or beverage at least once because otherwise I don't know what I might be missing. But, hmmm, maybe the black pudding only tastes good BECAUSE you fry it up with bacon or sausage?! ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Pitbull

Pitbull Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jun 5, 2015
    Ashington
    But delicious, I remember giving my daughter some to try before telling her what it was, she loves the stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    It tastes just as good eaten raw :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    As another Yank that stumbled onto this forum, I have had the joy of trying all these culinary delights! Black pudding is a must try, I love it with a good breakfast. Sadly you really can’t find it in the States. I do have a local market that imports a good amount of English products, so HP sauce is in the fridge. They also stock some of the Cadbury selections we don’t get over here. I have been lucky to get to travel quite a bit and that has changed my tastes for different foods.

• Like Like x 7
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad.
    Plain and simple I did not know I just know it's disgusting and won't be in my home nor liver or heart or brawn and trotters. It makes me feel sick just talking about these things.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    Non taken. Must say you are handling this topic rather well. And yes you are right no Black Pudding. Can't go without my Rosie Lea usually about 10 to 15 cups a day. Most thing I have sauce on HP or Daddies. My bikes I will talk all day about them totally addicted ride them restore them shout at them kiss them you name it I have done it.
    Ride Free
    Joe

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1