Featured Carrying a disc lock

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by steve lovatt, Mar 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I always carry a disc lock under the seat of the Tiger as a minimum security measure (I carry a chain and padlock if I'm leaving the bike longer). Can't really fit one under the seat of the Bonnie so I adapted a leather ammo pouch to carry one - I have one on each side now so also room for a tool kit or sunglasses etc.
    Still available on ebay for £6.99 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181808779494

2017-03-27 14.54.12.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Nice idea, should have gone for one of these, nobody be giving you hassle :cool:

[​IMG]

Not until the armed response unit turn up :D:D:D

• Like Like x 9
  3. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    _89996638_armedbbc1.jpg

"STEP AWAY FROM THE DISC- LOCK!"

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    Theyre based in Ipswich, but don't post to the UK??

..not that I want one, but just sayin :)

5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Great idea that Steve, I have just ordered a set for my Bonnie.
    What have you used to secure them, tie wraps ?

• Like Like x 2
  6. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    DD what about fastening a disc to the top of your helmet as a halo and carrying your lock on that ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes Mick, originally I just fastened the two on one side of the bike with cable ties but was not happy with the fit. To separate one from the other you need to remove the metal plate on the back with the D-ring by drilling out the four rivets and then cut carefully with a Stanley knife avoiding the stitching!
    I then drilled out the bottom two rivets on the belt loop on each pouch and used that to attach it to the bike frame by looping a steel cable tie through the holes and back so the pouch is actually secured to the bike by the belt loop.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I can see that the alarm going off all the time may be a problem to you!
    Anyway must go, time for another day at the university ................of life!

• Like Like x 1
  9. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
  10. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Prefer to avoid a backpack if I can :D

11. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I know you can buy special brackets which fit into the bike and the disc lock fastens onto the bracket. Google "motorcycle disc lock carrying bracket" (or something similar) and you'll get some results.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Used to ride to work with a mate many moons ago
    We both wore backpacks
    One morning he slid off at a roundabout not going very fast
    Should've seen the bruise on his back caused by his flask and that was with a back protector !
    Tank bag for me since then for bits and bobs

• Like Like x 2
  14. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I borrowed some axle stands from a mate at work a few months ago to do some car maintenance.
    He asked me if they would fit in my bike rucksack! :eek:
    I wrapped them in bubble wrap and cardboard and tie-wrapped them on my rack, but I still felt vulnerable riding home thinking about the potential damage they could have done to me in a collision.
    Without being too H&S about it, simple everyday risk assessments do keep you safer if you apply the logic, needless to say I didn't apply it that day. :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    I bought a telescopic sight from a gun dealer the other side of Bristol, whilst there they had a second hand knock down metal target thing on the window ledge (a bit like the fairground shooting duck thing) which I bought to encourage wifey to have a go, agreed a price and out I went, looked at the GSXR and wondered how the hell I could get it home as it was not fitting in my Back Pack. Tried to buy some string, that was a no go so looked in a skip and found some wire that was long enough. Never again will I do it, has to be one of the most stupid ideas I ever had. The scope was £600.00 so that was going in my bike jacket shoved down the front, the target box was tied to my pack but not very well so had one hand on the target box to stop it rubbing my cherished GSXR and the scope wedging itself against my crash helmet stopping me looking left and right.... I know, no need to tell me, Im the reason insurance is so high. :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Ipswich must be a bit like Brixton. If you were blindfolded and dumped there you would swear your were in a different country:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Well, If the Police had seen you, You would have been an easy Target:D:D:D

• Like Like x 3