Carole Nash Dna Paint

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Beerman, Apr 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Does anyone use the DNA 'paint' (it's clear) that comes when you take out Carole Nash insurance? Does it mark the bike? Is it effective, do you think?

Beerman

2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    One thing to remember is that the Carole Nash DNA paint is only valid whilst you have insurance with them.

3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Its clear but dries like a snail trail.
    Had it on my 2016 Street Triple, despite being marked all over, never saw or heard anything after it was stolen.
    So pretty much pointless!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Even Data-Tag is questionable now, no body looks or checks it, police dont even have a chip loop/detector now either.
    Its getting bloody expensive now too!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Didn't know that, if plod don't even have the equipment to scan for Data Tag, it does seem pretty pointless....:(

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Well, did put on my new Speedmaster, and I was pretty concerned about what it looked like - it dried into clear, small but visible blobs. I looked up how to get it off, but evrything I read said it was impossible to remove,

However, I looked in my tool kit and decided to have a go with that most underrated piece of equipment - my fingernail. Fortunately, that worked a treat, and the blobs are now gone. There is probably enough left which is invisible for it still to work well if required.

I also have it data tagged. Thanks for the advice,

Beerman

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Useful reading this old thread. I’ve just taken out insurance with Carole Nash. Saved me 20% which was good. As a bonus I received the DNA+ kit through the post. I think I will use it discreetly. Might not make much difference as a deterrent but anything that nudges the odds no matter how small is worth considering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1