Car Insurance Experience

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Biker Jock, Nov 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Our daughter has her car insured with esure. Ten days ago, she slithered off the road (dark, rain & mud) and bumped into a tree. No one hurt (her dog was a bit WTF!), but front of car looked pretty broken, so I guessed write-off.

She went through online claim process that evening, and she said it was quite reassuring with comments about not worrying and it's ok if you don't have all the answers, they'll sort it out. The next morning, she called them and again reported a very helpful, calm and reassuring person at the other end. The car was collected, taken to a body shop, and less than two days later, the expected news that it was uneconomic to repair.

Next day a good offer from the insurer, which was accepted and a cheque received a couple of days after that.

So I was very impressed with the way esure handled the whole process so our daughter wasn't made to feel bad about it - she's done a good job of that herself - and the speed of completion.

P.S. Just checked - I don't see an option for bike insurance.

• Like Like x 7
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Makes a nice change to hear of a good experience with an insurance company. :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    She picked up a cheap old little car today, and esure just asked for a small admin fee to change to new car, so happy with that. It does come up for renewal end of next month, so we'll see what they ask then.

• Like Like x 2