Cancelled Gmu And Foreign Trip

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by BonnieCat, Feb 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Thinking of you and your partner - you are correct - cancer is indeed a bastard. Take care ...

2. tappers

tappers Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    i as so sorry to hear this, i've lost a few friend's as well as my father to this evil disease, this bring's it all back, my thought's are with you.

3. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    A similar situation brought me to bikes, and this forum.
    There are no words.
    N.E.R.D
    No-one ever really dies.
    Carry your partner with you forever.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Cancer took my mum a good few years back, and a couple of years ago I thought that it would do the same with my wife. Thankfully she is still here to annoy, nag, witter and bark orders at me (although I have developed very acute selective hearing when in her presence/earshot).:rolleyes:
    Nikki, you and you partner have my heartfelt best wishes. Shed tears when you need to and stick two fingers up at the bastard disease:mad: on good days and at every other opportunity you possibly can.
    You have a ready made support system right here. Don't be afraid to use us whenever you feel the need.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  5. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    You guys are the best. Thank you all so much for the kind words. I can't tell you how appreciated it is.
    Please, Please for gods sake go to the doctors if you see the slightest little lump anywhere. My partners started as an innocent little lump the size of a pea on the elbow and got bigger and bigger. It then jumped to the kidney. This particular cancer (Merkel Cell Carcinoma) is very aggressive. Radio, chemo and immunotherapy failed to do anything to stop it. The hospital here has been excellent and is the best in the country in terms of treatment and care.
    The last 2 years have been the most awful in my life.
    This forum is full of wonderful people. Bless you all
    XXX

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love You Love You x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi Nikki
    I’m really sorry to hear your news, it’s a hellish disease that everyones affected by at some time in one way or another, I lost my Father and my sister over 25 years ago due to cancer and my wife lost her father recently, her family had the Marie Curie nurses come in and stay overnight in the latter stages they can be a real help and can offer a much needed break
    my thoughts are with you both

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    Nikki, I have no words, but have some semblence of what you're going through, as I lost my Mum, Dad and father in law to cancer. I'm so sorry to hear your bad, sad news.

8. Threepots

Threepots Member

May 17, 2015
    wales uk
    The best of strength to you both, stay strong for each other,

9. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    My mum passed from cancer and every moment is precious - you think you have forever until suddenly you don't.

Together stay strong and take joy from life whenever you can, and know that you have all our thoughts and best wishes.

10. shergar

shergar New Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Northants
    Very sorry to hear your sad news, I am sure that you have the goodwill and wishes of all of us on here

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Likewise Nikki just spotted this
    Much love from your friends in the North x

12. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I am sincerely sorry about this. All our thoughts are with you both. A few years back I lost my grandma to cancer and I was totally devastated. She brought me up and stood strong by my side through all my stupidities in life. She was my mother, friend and god. After a while I realised when someone you love becomes a memory....that memory becomes a treasure. Now these days whenever I think of my granny my eyes do get a little moist but a pleasant smile comes to me because that's the beautiful treasure she left behind for me.

As I said all our thoughts are with you. But you will need to find your own strength to get through this.....stay strong together and be there for each other. God bless you both

• Agree Agree x 4