Can We Have A Techy Forum For Computers(ing) Etc Please?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by H.O., Oct 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Many forums have a techy type thread area where members can ask or give help on computer, phone/tablet, tv technologies etc, I can struggle to get by, but often need some info, thankfully some members have helped me out, but I'm due to take delivery of a new 'puter today with Win 10 which will be new to me so I'm bound to need some answer's, I;m sure I cant be the only one?Or have we got one and I dont know where it is?
    I'll use this thread to start off.
    Any one use or know of ZOOSTORM computer's, I know they are part of CMS, 4th biggest supplier in the U.K., use ASUS mother boards, AMD PCU's, I just bought an 8g, 2TB AMD for about half of what they were selling for direct from Zoostorm.
    Only down side is it has 10 in it, but could change that to 7 at a later date if need be.
    Any comments please?
    Cheers
    Terry

• Like Like x 1
  2. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    There's a fantastic TV series and a couple of feature length versions of a brilliant family based malarky showing all sorts of Tech for the modern man and woman!!! look it up "The Flintstones"

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

14B8079D-8064-4810-9ECD-75D93FE27890.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 12
  4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    my advice would have been to ask advice before not after buying it and probably on a techy forum too. Guys on this forum have only just realised that the beads on an abacus are not just for spinning

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Yeh I did, Trust Pilot give them good to excelent reviews, since they got taken over they seem to be very good.
    I've set this one up and WOW, its bloody incredable to the old one, not too sure on 10 yet but found some things in it I like, better than the original 10, not bothering with stuff like Cortana though.
    I just wondered if any of our members had this make, I like Asus, which this basically is, and prefer AMD to Intel Celeron.

7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    What is this language?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    You'll probably find that your new wizz bang super quick computer will slow down in a few weeks. That's because you're on Windows, it's file system gets "messy" and it slows down. The only remedy is to reinstall the operating system and start again with a "clean" computer. However, unless you are really super keen you will not do this. That's m/s windows for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    1 of the reasons I bought a new 'puter, old one which is 4yrs+ getting too slow, so as starting afresh I got the highest spec I could find for the money.

10. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    The problem is it’s gone electronic. A carb model would be simpler and better still on startup with windows a R/Leg Kickstarter would quick start and bypass all the slow updates they all do far more efficiently!! Oh make sure it’s fastened down too

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I prefer the steam-driven one meself - oh that smell of burning coal mixed with steam !!!! And you can make a cuppa AT THE SAME TIME !!

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    And fry your brekkie on the shovel, mmmmmmmmmm, bacon, nom nom nom:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Help me Obi Wan...

Help me Obi Wan... Well-Known Member

Will this help ?.

Reset.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Zoso

Zoso Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Scotland
    As a AndyPandy says if you reformat the hard drive if your old computer and reinstall Windows it will run a lot quicker. Installing antivirus software and other non Microsoft software slows it down even more. If a fast computer/laptop is your thing buy a MacBook

15. Jeffrey Conlon

Apr 4, 2018
    Wakefield
    I think that is language for local people !!!!

16. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Looks like Jamie Witham under all them lug 'oles!

17. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Why don't you just learn to use Windows10, after all it's the latest and the best you can get,I'm an old git of 64 and I soon got used to it, lol.

18. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    So am I (64), and I am, (W10), not as bad as when it first came out but still got those fuckin up-dates that you cant switch off, best you can do is manage the times of down loading!
    New 'puter is an absolute bargain for the price though!
    Made to be easily expandable to if requirered too.

19. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    All the best people are 64 right now. By this time next year I reckon things will have changed though, all the best people will be 65, no ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Why don't you just update it, it's better for security if you do.

21. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Have to say, why on earth would you want to go backwards from Win10? Works well and it’s been updated primarily to stop hackers breaking it and nicking your data.

• Agree Agree x 2