675 Can anyone help with this?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by helterskullter, Dec 28, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. helterskullter

helterskullter New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Birmingham
    Screenshot_2015-12-28-00-10-53.png Screenshot_2015-12-26-16-26-19.png Screenshot_2015-12-28-00-10-53.png Hello folks, I'm new to this forum but I'm giving some serious thought to getting a street triple. It will be mostly for commuting but I will be doing some touring on it and feel a bit of protection from the wind buffeting would be nice! I've heard the stock shield is not very good and I've heard the manta is ok but take a look at these pics I found. Can anybody give me more info on the screen and headlight surround? It looks great. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_2015-12-26-16-26-19.png

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi HS and welcome into the Triumph Playground - enjoy!

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi HS, welcome in! The thing to do is check the site the photo was posted on. I reckon your best bet is post the same question on triumphrat.net, the yanks seem to have endless bits and pieces for their bikes

4. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    It's a home done job,a guy in America fitted an FZ fairing on a Speed Triple.

It's on the TriamphRat forum somewhere.He did it a couple of years ago.
    It can be done done if you've got the skills,but it's the only one I've ever seen done.

I've been haranguing Triumph at every opportunity to build a half faired Speed Triple for a couple of years now,but to no avail :(
    Rumor has it that there's a half faired 800 Street Triple on the way.

Just to prove that if you want to tour on a Street you can you just need to adjust your expectations.
    My Mrs under some bridge somewhere.

France June 2013 027.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's the Millau bridge in central southern France. Spans two valleys and is an awesome piece of engineering. Designed by a British architects and built by Eiffel engineering.

• Like Like x 1
  6. helterskullter

helterskullter New Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Birmingham
    Thank you everybody for taking the time to respond, esp roadrider for identifying where the owner sourced the fairing from. It looks absolutely the part and I'm curious as to how much the bracket needed adjusting to fit to the bike. Ride safe ;)

7. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Flippin lost again,I thought it was the Seven Bridge.

Seriously though,it's an impressive piece of engineering. Well worth the ride.