Cafe Racer Style

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Bradley Perry, Apr 18, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bradley Perry

Bradley Perry Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I love my Thruxton, but cannot get on with the fairing. For me it spoils a beautiful looking bike. But each to their own

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Bradley Perry

I must strongly disagree... far from spoiling, such a unique handcrafted, mirror finished aluminium fairing enhances a beautiful bike.... apart from the practical function of improving aerodynamics and providing high speed wind protection.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Like I said each to their own. You love it, I don’t. Who is correct is down to your own point of view. And of course I am right :cool::cool: he he!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    It is a very nice bike, it is also a very nice fairing. Unfortunately they don't go together, sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bradley Perry

#6 Bradley Perry, Apr 18, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    Mmmmm.... now I am sad... I always thought black and chrome/polished metals went together...

7. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Well, if there's going to be an ad hoc straw poll, that thrucky AND the fairing get my approval .... for whatever THAT's worth!!!

The fairing in polished aluminium is a beauiful, artisan recreation of a real sixties original (which I can personally remember looking like the one in the image below).

upload_2022-4-18_21-31-16.jpeg

Couldn't say the same about the air filter - but, heck, on balance it's all good.

Fair dinkum, mate! :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bradley Perry

I have this option for dragstrip or bike shows... but a bit too much grit thrown up by cars to use on the road... Mesh intake.jpg

9. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Don't worry what other people think. If you like it, that's all that matters. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Bradley Perry

Very true Octoberon... But perhaps I can please most of the people some of the time.... and some of the people most of the time....
    I don't post in forums or publish on Facebook simply looking for approval. I do so as I think some of the folks would be interested

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Some of the people will be. :blush: It would be very dull if everyone liked the same thing as it would stifle creativity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    I like a lot those little retro fairing on Thruxton like bikes. Probably because it make them look like Ducati 900 SS.
    Tastes and colours..:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    I like it, the fairing is just the right touch. But I do think you should have stuck with the plan to paint the fairing to match the bike. The polished alloy is just a little too bling for my taste. But then it’s your bike and if it makes you smile when you open the garage door then you’ve won.

Enjoy the ride.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tom Swift

Tom Swift Active Member

Sep 24, 2021
    USA
    Looks aside, I'd paint it for other reasons.

15. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I like it, very individual but very clear what it is… the fairing and raw alloy trim highlights are great… if I was to change summat, it would be the gold anodised parts to either black or shiny ally look.

grand job dude

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    I like that it’s not run of the mill and stands out from the crowds with individuality. :cool:

17. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    #17 Tigcraft, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
    It needs more polished alloy panels to complement the front that’s all. It’s a bit like steak and custard or apple crumble and gravy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1