Bullet Type Drls

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Andrew Hindle, May 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andrew Hindle

Andrew Hindle New Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Lancashire
    I'm thinking of adding some extra 'Bullet' type running lights to the front engine bars of my Thunderbird.
    Just trying to work out the best way to wire them. Obviously so they are on with the headlight. Any ideas would be appreciated.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You want to wire them through a relay Andrew with the relay coil being energised by the feed to the original headlights.
    That way the feed to the new lights can come directly from the battery via a suitable fuse and you won’t overload the original wiring.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Andrew, is your headlight on, as soon as you turn the ignition on? Here in France it was mandatory but no longer.

The reason why I ask the question is that DRL's normally work most effectively when they are on WITHOUT the headlight being on - assuming you want to install DRL's to capture other drivers attention ?

4. Andrew Hindle

Andrew Hindle New Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Lancashire
    Yes the headlight comes on with the ignition.

5. Night1971

Night1971 Member

May 9, 2019
    Spain
    Good info mate... Ill be doing similar in the near future. Cheers... Also gonna swap rear indicators for those 3-in-1 bullet style light straight from the fender fixings.

Also like ya profile pic... I got a similar mark... lol Riding enduro trails in the hills in Spain where I live...

Wrist 2.jpg

Wrist 4.jpg

u-uw_46322_12-triumph-thunderbird-nightstorm-636148167264403486.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Ouch, I know how it feels mate.
    I shattered my Radius and dislocated my Ulna. 6 months later it hadn’t healed properly and only had about 30% movement in my wrist so had to have it rebroken and the plate readjusted.
    Luckily, I’ve now got about 95% movement back.
    This is how it looked after the accident once the surgeon had manipulated the bones vaguely back in place before fitting the plate. :weary_face:

523B82BC-79CC-401A-8A19-CD8C5142C59E.jpeg

7. Night1971

Night1971 Member

May 9, 2019
    Spain

The pulling back into line was the worst part.... no anaesthetic! then 2 weeks of codeine and tramadol... kept me smiling through the rest of the pain...

8. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Ooh, Tramadol. o_O I only lasted a day on that, I was hallucinating and having panic attacks. Morphine and Entonox for me :p then onto codeine and liquid morphine plus a whole host of other meds too, 48 tablets a day at one point plus the liquid morphine.
    Then again I did have both arms in casts and a leg all strapped up too :worried:

• Like Like x 1