Bsb Snetterton

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Biker Jock, Jul 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    #1 Biker Jock, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    What's Snetterton like from a spectator viewpoint?

I want to get in a BSB day this year, but I'm fast running out of options (I completely screwed up last year and didn't get to any). Snetterton looks most likely, and I have a signed pass from the missus. I treated myself to the British round of MotoGP when I retired, but thought Silverstone wasn't a great spectator venue, hence my question.

I hoped to go to Knockhill, but mis-planned holidays so wasn't free to go. Also really like Cadwell Park (been a few times), but that coincides with wedding anniversary this year, so darent even ask (isn't Cadwell round usually August bank holiday weekend?). That leaves Snetterton, or maybe Thruxton in early August, but that's a bit further to travel.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Silverstone is probably the best for a spectator that you’ve listed, Brands and Oulton are probably the ones to attend if you can

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Thanks for the advice Glyn. Strange, I was very disappointed with Silverstone when I went to the 2014 MotoGP. I found the bikes were out of sight for too long, leaving just a brief view as the came round again. It's my local track, but I'd rather go to Cadwell.

I did see an F1 race of the champions, way back in 1975 (probably), and you did get a good view of the action, so I might try to get there again. It was a horrible drive from where I was staying at the time, but might be ok from where I am now.

All being well, I'll give Snetterton a go next weekend, and report back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Cadwell, only has a few places to watch from and they get choca block in no time, likewise Donnington and Thruxton Silverstone is huge but you can get the whole way around the circuit, but as you say it’s a wait Brands Indy you can view pretty much the whole circuit from anywhere, the full circuit still has good vantage points.
    Oulton not so many places to watch from but pretty good viewing.

Out of all of them Brands wins for me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    If your going to Snetterton get on the banking in the middle of the circuit if you can, from there you can see the end of the back straight through to beginning of start finish straight.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I enjoyed my trip to Snetterton. It was easy to get to, quick to get in and reasonably quick to get out at the end of the day too - once I'd found my bike again - didn't take careful enough note of where I'd abandoned it. Free sidestand puck as I pulled up. Some good racing, and I found a good spot for watching the two headline (BSB) races. Great weather too.

My only grumble, and this applies to most bike events I've ever been to (so not a complaint about Snetterton), is the choice of food. Burgers/pulled pork/bacon/fish & chips. What about something a bit different - Asian/Indian street food, perhaps?

• Like Like x 1