British Motorcycle Manufacturers And Builders

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Helmut Visor, Jun 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    The phrase “image is everything” springs to mind with that lot. :pensive: Even CCM have fallen into the “hipster” trap.
    Still each to their own, if you’ve got the (a lot) money, spend it as you wish, enjoy.
    (Well maybe not on the Mutt, :yum)

3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I fail to see the difference between spending 20K on a Rocket because that's what you want or 20K on a custom build because that's what you want......they're all bikes and everyone has different tastes and needs :confused::confused:
    All I was trying to do here is highlight some of the smaller independent builders and manufacturers in the UK that people may or may not have heard of and might be interested in ;);)
    Guess you just can't please everyone : unamused:: unamused:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    A

Like I said in my post, each to their own.
    I hope these small niche companies can survive in today’s climate and the hipster bubble doesn’t burst for them.
    Vive la différence.
    Mutt’s aren’t really British though, a bit like Triumphs nowadays. :yum;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    For a number of year the guy who builds Metisse motorcycles has a stand at the NEC Bike Show with a few bikes on display :cool:
    There’s never many punters looking at his stand and I always try to go and have a word,a pleasant guy who enjoys talking about his products and the engineering that goes into his bikes.
    They now produce their own engine with a few parts sourced for other manufacturers IIRC.

It was the Rickman brothers who started building frames for scramblers and called them Metisse is how it all started.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1