British Customs Tip

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Rkt120, Jun 22, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rkt120

Rkt120 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Wiltshire
    Evening all, I have purchased some British custom exhaust tips they are literally hollow tips, theoretically as that’s the case you could just remove the standard pea shooters and just have nothing as it’s no different to adding the tips? Unless someone can enlighten me.

2. Iron

Iron Guest

Yep, they are for show and noise.
    You'll get a load more sound and easier access to chain etc for cleaning. Obviously depends on what bike you have but they will probably effect performance. Free flowing zorsts may make it run leaner so carbs will need a fettle, fuel injection may need a remap. You should get a few more horses but lose a few torques.
    If you stick in some baffles (they come in various sizes to go inside the downpipes) you'll get the back pressure back and help the really annoying noise.
    If you enjoy the noise but want the back pressure then you can make up an adjustable piece that bolts into the downpipes. Basically a disc on a bolt that can be adjusted as shown in the attached

https://www.tabperformance.com/Reduce-Back-Pressure-Exhaust-s/203.htm

0021676_bolt-in-silencer-baffle-205mm_625.jpeg

British customs do something called a quiet core that knock off a few decibels

Predator_Pro_Quiet_Core_-_Web_0000_IMG_2790_1800x1800.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I didn’t know that. I learn something everyday. Sometimes two things.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rkt120

Rkt120 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Wiltshire
    I didn’t know that either, that’s the great thing about this forum you learn a lot and it’s very helpful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1