British Customs Blinkers Work Randmoly

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by andrewaden, Aug 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andrewaden

andrewaden New Member

Aug 25, 2018
    france
    hi guys
    i just installed BC blinkers and sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.
    How that can happen? Maybe it has to do something with emergency lights, but i dunno.
    All installations were done after the documentations...

2. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Welcome to the forum! If the lights came from BC and were sold for your model bike, I would expect them to work. However, I've seen several articles indicating that there can be some 'flaky' issues when switching from standard bulbs to LED bulbs - particularly brake lights. If you did that, you might want to do some research on that issue. Also, you might have a loose ground wire/connection. Is the problem completely random, or does it happen most often when you make a left turn, right turn, hit some bumps, etc.?

3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I agree Hack driver, there must be a faulty connection somewhere or possibly led bulbs are loose in the lamp holders ! I've seen this on my bike when I put led parking globe in the headlight of my 09' America .

4. john wemyss

john wemyss New Member

Jan 11, 2019
    ayrshire
    this can also be caused by the original rely being incompatible , ive had this on one of my old bikes

5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    When you say "sometimes they work, sometimes they don't"...........if they go on..off..on..off..on ..off that's normal :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 6