Bridgestone Bt23’s On A Yam Tdm900

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by DCS222, Jul 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I’ve just had fitted a brand new pair of BT23’s to my TDM900, 120/70-18 & 160/60-17 for about £210 balanced and fitted. Initial 100 mile scrubbing in impression is they roll into the corners much nicer than the (admittedly chamfered) Metzlers that came off. Still too much damp kicking about to be sure that I’ve scrubbed the silicone spray off, but feels trustworthy.

Fully road based tyres on an upright and tall 52 reg bike (for reference)... will update on how they go

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I've Bridgestones on my 850 TDM they're great and feel suited to the bike :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Ok, silicone warn off... mainly moist miles so far... grippy, predictable and not a hint of concern on shitty surfaced back roads... looking forward to some warm, dry miles to get a bit more lean angle on them to test the edges a bit more, but so far, yes I would recommend!!!!

:cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Sounds like a TDM Forum here, can I join with my TRX? Hehehe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Always fancied a razz about on a TRX... good choice fella!

6. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    I used BT30's through (a thankfully not snowy) winter on a Fireblade a few years back and thought them fantastic. Gave confidence in winter and got edged off when the roads dried.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    I’ve got BT023’s on my Speed four never had any concerns with them, although my Joey Dunlop impersonation days are well over. :tired_face:

• Like Like x 2
  8. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Racked up a load more miles and though I’ve still got sissy bands, they’re getting smaller as roads and traffic allows! Much nicer flow through the tipping in and sitting up motion than the old metzlers I took off, but they had chamfered significantly.
    I’m enjoying them... :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    BT are known to be easy to put on the corner, and are still very stable on straight road at good speed.
    There are no "bad" tyres anymore, but tyres we prefer over others. BTs are so far my preferred.

• Like Like x 2