Brembo Pad Recall

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by dainesefreak, Jun 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    West Midlands
    So the recall has finally made it to the UK. Just had two letters, one for the Street I traded in and one for the Speed.

I'd been waiting for this one.

The annoying thing was the Speed was in for its 1st service on Saturday and the letters arrived today.

Front Pad replacement - Street Triple RS 2017 -2021, Tiger 1200 Alpine + Desert Edition 2020, Speed Triple S & RS 2018 - 2020, Tiger 1200XR, XRx, XCx, XRT, XCA and XRx LRH 2018 - 2020.

Wish I'd given them more of a hammering now to make it feel like I'm getting something for free. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Mine's booked in for Thursday. I called them to book in the QS mod and they told me it needed the pads doing too. I haven't received the letter yet.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    West Midlands
    Mine was sort of the other way around. I booked the 1st service a couple of weeks ago and asked them what was going on with the recall. They didn't know anything about it then.

4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Mine was done last Friday, I got the letter today.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OhCrumOn

OhCrumOn Well-Known Member

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    Wish they'd have recalled the rears. Fortunately I haven't been through my fronts yet but they're almost at the end of their usable life after only 6k miles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    This makes me happy because the fronts squeal pretty bad, even when I’m not on the brakes. Going to call tomorrow to make sure it’s done at the same time as the 10k service.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    I replaced the crappy Brembo pads with EBC HH a month ago as I couldn’t stand the squealing any longer. Now I don’t feel embarrassed pulling up to the lights

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    How do they compare to the brembo pads as far as feel and stopping power?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
  10. James01

James01 Member

If I may jump in. I too have just replaced the stock Brembo's with EBC Double H's as I've got past experience with them. They're better IMHO. Plenty of feel and feedback, just as strong stopping power, great in the wet aswell as the dry, half the price and long lasting. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

I number of friends use them on various bikes and they all swear by them. Great pads...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    Agree with everything you say. Much better than the stock ones.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thanks for the feedback. The ones I mentioned above are a step up from the standard HH pads. They are the EPFA HH pads. Curious if anyone has tried these.

• Like Like x 1
  13. James01

James01 Member

No problem. I did consider those but decided to stick to what I know as I've no experience of the Extreme's either. I honestly can't imagine how they could be much better. Maybe someone who's used them might be able to compare the two for you.
    I know price shouldn't really come into it where brake pads are concerned but I think standard HH's are serious value for money. I can't see the Extreme's being twice as good for nearly double the money...

14. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    I tried them on a CBR
    I tried these on a CBR600. Didn't notice any difference to the original HH.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Good to hear, thanks.

16. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    Has anyone in the USA received any notice of a recall on the brake pads? I have not heard anything here in Michigan.

17. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I called my dealer and they haven’t heard anything either.

18. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    What are the part numbers for the EBC pads? Their site was not useful. If anyone has them, I'd love the HH version for front and back for personal reference.

19. James01

James01 Member

Assuming there is no difference between years the part number for the front is FA447HH. For Brembo M4 calipers.
    Not sure of the rears...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

Got my letter on Friday here in the States. Dealer was closed today, so will call in the morning to see when they can do it. It says it’s a 30 min job, so hopefully they can do it while I wait.

• Agree Agree x 1