Brembo Evasive Warranty

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by 243jimb, Jan 11, 2024.

1. 243jimb

243jimb Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Canada
    Almost a year ago I purchased a Brembo front brake disc for my Bonneville through Dragomoto on eBay. It was a few months before I could ride the bike (I'm in Canada) and it didn't feel quite right from the start. Dragomoto said that it needed to "bed in" the pads. A new calliper was installed at the same time and all slides and pins were OK. The bike is not ridden hard.

After the all-too-short riding season, I examined the front brake disc and discovered that it had around .030" of run-out.. I contacted Dragomoto as this disc has a two year warranty and explained the situation. They forwarded my concerns to Brembo who replied stating that they wanted photos of the disc. I sent these and after a while Brembo decided that they needed photos showing the warping. I set up a dial gauge and took more photos. A few weeks passed and Brembo then said that was not the correct way to measure run-out (!). Now they wanted photos on a flat surface so I sent photos showing the disc on a surface block with feeler gauges inserted. Then after a while Brembo decided that I had to submit a report from a trained technician (at my expense). I eventually had a tech examine the disc and prepare a report. After another few weeks Brembo have now decided that I have to send the disc back to them in Italy (again at my expense) and then they will decide.

I have advised them that I will not be doing that. When I contacted Brembo directly several times when I first had the issue they just ignored me.

I am not looking for sympathy here, I am just warning people that buying from a "reputable" company like Brembo is no guarantee of good service. Think carefully before buying Brembo and as for me, I have now bought an EBC disc and pads as a replacement.

I will post this on other Triumph forums.

• Useful Useful x 6
  2. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    Compared to Nissin , Brembo stuff is way overpriced

3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    I assume that Consumer protection Law in Canada is different from the UK.

In the UK your claim would be against the seller of the goods not the manufacturer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Agree in addition in UK if u go directly to the manufacturer u can actually void ur statutory rights as ur contract is with the dealer not the manufacturer.

5. 243jimb

243jimb Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Canada
    Unfortunately there is no such legislation in Canada. Most companies here do stand behind their products though but in Italy......

6. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    If Brembo acknowledge a faulty disc can you claim back all of the additional expenses?

7. 243jimb

243jimb Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Canada
    Given Brembo's attitude towards this, I am not going to incur any more expense to send the disc to them.

8. Stamper

Stamper New Member

Nov 12, 2023
    Perth, Australia
    hi mate,

It's a great shame that companies build on their racing involvement and then forget who buys thieir product.

Hope you manage some satisfaction.

Cheers,

HowaRD

9. 243jimb

243jimb Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Canada
    I'm very disappointed in their attitude.

• Agree Agree x 1