Brembo Brakes On 2019 Speed Twin

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Tallpaul, Aug 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    With three thousand miles on my Speed Twin, it has gone in for warranty replacement of the front discs. They have been sending a pulse through to the brake lever for a few hundred miles and have now been diagnosed as warped. I have also been tolerating a low pitched groan from the front, just before the bike stops rolling. I got a call from the workshop to say that one of the new replacements is warped straight out of the box and they need yet another one from the factory. I'd always thought that Brembo were the go to people for upgraded brakes. It seems that Nissin has better manufacturing and QC.......................

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Strange that Brembo would compromise their reputation by supplying an inferior and let's face it, shoddy product to Triumph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I will update when I get the bike back. It hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of this excellent model.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Had the buttons seized to cause this?,as they look very similar to the discs on my 675R

5. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    I think you are right. I showed this photo of the corrosion on this Ohlins to a man in the business. He said that these OEM parts are often made under licence so not necessarily by Ohlins themselves.

I guess it's the same with the disks. They can be made to Brembo's design / drawings by others, but without the quality of materials and machining. But it's Triumph that should check each and every batch.

I've done just over 1000 miles and no probs yet touch wood.

IMG_1138.jpg

I saw this parked up at Popham recently.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Was it parked in the sea a couple of weeks before:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    Yeah it does look like a sacrificial anode!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Collected my bike yesterday late afternoon. Street Bike have been brilliant throughout, keeping me informed of what they have been doing. It seems that the wheel centre was slightly out of true, causing one of the discs to run out. Triumph have supplied a new wheel, discs and pads. I now have silent brakes with no pulsing. very happy customer. I will update as the miles creep up!

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Christopher Holmes

Apr 26, 2019
    Seattle, Washington
    Does anyone know the part number for the master cylinder? I noticed a rip in the rubber boot where the push rod inserts from the brake lever. I need to either find this boot, or purchase a rebuild kit that includes this boot. I found a kit for $30, just want to make sure the part is compatible.

[​IMG]