Trackdays Brands Hatch Indy |triumph Street Triple 765r

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Hippo-Drones, Apr 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    The Street Triple has always been known to be good on track, and even the low ride height version can hold its own! :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    Fantastic, I love the idea of have a track near by.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Brands is only around 35minutes from my house so I can ride there and back no probs. Kinda need a van for the tracks further away as by the end of the day you get pretty tired

• Like Like x 1
  4. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Hi @Hippo-Drones just started following you on fb after seeing your vid of the 765 LRH and then saw you on here. Lol. I have just bought this bike, although still at the dealers (trading in my 675). I jad the option of getting the RS but went with the R LRH. Just wondering if you had any views on the difference (and if I have gone for the best option o_O). Not a track bike, just normal road riding (I say normal - maybe hooligan describes it better :joy::joy:) FBE13350-6DF9-4DE4-A88B-5BB750F0FAE2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Hi @Streetgirl675 I've not ridden the RS, but had I made my choice again, I would have gone for the RS, but only because I like the trackdays and it has better brakes and suspension.
    I went for the R over the RS as IMO it makes a better road bike, and also... more importantly for me at the time, they do the [LRH] version and I can finally foot foot a sportsbike.
    Like I said above though, I wish I'd gone for the RS now as I am scraping pegs on the R on track due to the reduced ground clearance. A standard height R may not have the same concerns.
    I very much do not think you will regret getting the RS, it is a phenomenal bike, you might want to soften the suspension on the road though! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    The closest thing I ever did to a track day was drive a NASCAR stock car. It was a blast I can’t describe. I’d love to do a track day. It’s got to be a sublime experience.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    WOW, they are 200+ mph beasts, that must have been EPIC! <3

• Like Like x 1
  8. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    It was, but they step you up with a rev limiter. I got up to the max of 160 -the fastest they will allow on first session. Still, it was a thrill I will never forget. And you’re alone in the car with a radio spotter. Feels like a race.

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    That sounds bloomin awesome... did you get any video of it?

10. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Thanks for the reply @Hippo-Drones , but Think you misunderstood. I have bought the ST765 R LRH and am mostly going to be using it on the road. I was asking more about that aspect of it compared to the RS
    But I understand you haven’t ridden the RS, so it makes no difference

11. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Ahh sorry, I did misunderstand, I'd had a few beers and my brain is not very big lol :D
    The R is a better road bike I've heard from all who have tried both, and if you are shorter in the leg like me then, you'll love it! :)

• Useful Useful x 1