Tiger 800 Brand New 800 - Electrical Issue

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Jack Straw, Aug 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Phoenix AZ
    My wife just bought a 2018 Tiger 800 XRX yesterday evening. On the way home (in the rain) the bike began to randomly turn on the high beam and the left turn indicator. I am not worried about getting it corrected, but it is odd for a bike with 10 miles on it to already have an issue. It also came with a warped front rotor they had to replace a week ago before she could test ride it. Anyone have any issues like this? What was the resolution?

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hopefully just a quirky one-off and will be fixed by the dealer.
    Had my XRX for over two years and covered just over 20000 miles so far without one issue (a lot of it in the rain!) :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Classic DD :D:D:D:D:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Phoenix AZ
    I told her she should be proud, and that it likely was a record to break something like that so quickly. I am sure they will sort it out, but following her home I kept wondering why she was turning her indicator on and flashing her high beams at everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sorry not a dig at you but If the bike worked fine it wouldn’t have been posted, take it to Triumph get them to sort it, a no brainer, if they don’t then moan, sorry, ask advice