Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by David Cooper, Jan 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

What brand of brake pads do you think is the best.

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    EBC HH, for stopping EBC organic, for feel and stopping. unless you want to pay huge chunks of change.Seems to be a general summery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've just bought OEM pads for mine,really happy with them:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Depends on what you want the likes of HH rated pads will give very good braking but tend to be harder on disc wear.

The Organic give slightly less braking for the same effort as HH but are kinder to discs generally wearing them less.

So you make your choice and pay your money. I personally run organic pads in the Trophy as discs can be a bit expensive

• Like Like x 1
  5. David Cooper

Subscriber

I'm having trouble finding the right size pads for the rear wheels of a Rocket trike, if I took one off, would it have a parts number stamped somewhere on it.

6. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    if its original triumph I would think so but not all manufacturers do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Cooper

Subscriber

I just had this reply from a trike forum,
    " If it has the same HiSpec SVA calipers as mine. EBC DP106 or equivalent. They fit Capri, Cortina Mk1 Allegro, Marina, Hillman Avenger and Volvo 340 series. But, you do have to modify them to fit"
    I'll have to take the wheel off and check the make of the calipers, and I don't like the bit that says modify them, I can only do modifications with a big hammer lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The likely mod required will be trimming an ear.....angle grinder or file. One up from you fine adjustment tool.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yep I agree with DD, who built the trike ? they'll be the one to tell you, failing that dont think you'll find numbers on pads but most motor factors have a book showing silhouettes of pads actual size if you find one willing to spare you time to look. (needle in a haystack)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Easier just to sell it to me Dave with Knackered pads :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. David Cooper

Subscriber

They're not knackered yet, I was just thinking about changing them later in the year lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. David Cooper

Subscriber

The last time I road through South Shields, I must have gone over a hundred speed humps, they're only about 50 yards apart and you can't miss them on a trike so it's now out of bounds for Betty Blue.lol.

13. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Your very correct Sir and said bumps used to p me off with my trike, but they can be avoided if you know how. :D:D

14. David Cooper

Subscriber

Yeah
    Go to Whitley Bay instead.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I just installed EBC HH sintered pads on my 2018 Street Twin and there sure is a difference compared to the OEM pads. Much stronger braking.