Booster plug fitted

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Suffolkbumpkin, Jan 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    Final Christmas gift fitted to bike the booster plug.

Took all of a few minutes to fit , very much plug and play. So if I don't end up liking it, easy to remove.

Initial thoughts are good, only done a few miles but it has smoothed out the fueling when accelerating and decelerating. To the point all the lovely pops and bangs I used to get have gone :(

Now that's the slight down side, they are still there a bit but clearly the fueling has changed and I think for the better but until I do some longer trips and get some Summer heat, will not know for sure.

Bike still in warranty so a better alternative for me than taking the SAI and oxygen sensors off since having TORs fitted.

2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Link to site and info please ??? :)

Do like my pops and bangs !!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Suffolkbumpkin

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/frontpage.html

That's the official site and if you YouTube booster plug you get a recent guy fitting and using on his kwak.

Best price I could find was from squaredeals ltd

P.s think I will miss the pops and bangs but wife won't.

• Like Like x 1
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Can you use it with AI and o2 removed?

5. Suffolkbumpkin

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    See no reason why not, it simply adds 6% fuel upon acceleration by fooling the ECU in to believing the ambient temperature is cooler than it truly is. Thus removing the tendency for modern bikes to run to lean from standstill etc.

It saves remapping or buying a power commander if your aim like mine was to get rid of hesitation when pulling away or the occasional stall for no good reason. Especially I noticed when riding in hot weather. So yet to test that idea yet clearly ;)

6. Suffolkbumpkin

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    Just an update on this item, been using for a while now, initially I had the temp sensor under the seat. It did smooth the fuelling but the pops and bangs I still got suggested it was not in optimal position.

So i moved it from under the seat to just in front of rear wheel in the open air. Well that has smoothed the fuelling even more, now alot of rumbles but little pops and bangs.

Does it give a performance boost well I only have seat of your pants data and I would say yes. I used to just go through the gears up to top without to much thought, now when I get to 3rd it pulls from 20mph up to 60mph lovely. So much so 4th kinda redundant and straight into top.

So instead of removing the SAI, oxygen sensors and opening up the air intake. This is a simple alternative that may deliver a performance boast that you are happy with. My only performance modification prior to this was to put on long TORs. That introduced the pops and the bangs that I did like but suggested fueling was not smooth. This has sorted that.

Something to consider, may be

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

May 10, 2017
    Somerset
    I just fitted my booster plug to my T120 and am very impressed with it. Power delivery at stop-start speeds is much smoother, and also with deceleration. Anyone with a pillion passenger will welcome not being headbutted anymore with the standard Bonnie's tendency to be jerky on the throttle at low speeds. The motor seems to be stronger under acceleration too. I put the temperature sensor into the air intake snorkel which seems sensible seeing as it's the temperature of the air going into the engine that is the vital issue here. Every T120 should have this thing fitted ...there's no reason not to!

• Like Like x 2