Booking A M/c Trip Next Year?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Ducatitotriumph, Nov 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #1 Ducatitotriumph, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Well, i've pulled the pin and booked up a trip to germany (freiburg) for next year in late july and stopping off at reims on the way there and back. Going with a mate on a vfr1200 that I did the NC500 with.
    Hotels (split between 2) are £320 each all in. Probably getting the tunnel too but nothing booked.
    Only for a week but B500 a few times should be brilliant I think!
    Anyone else doing anything next year on their velocipede?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    Might take the bike over to Germany to see my son but I'd have to find an alt route to the one I take in the car. I'd end up with tyres like speedmasters. All Autoroute/autobahn bar ten miles

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Just daren’t. I’m still owed money for trips I’ve never had. It’ll be the day before for me

• Like Like x 2
  4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Moved the hols I was supposed to do this year to next year, so off to South of France in June hopefully...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Maybe booking.com is the way forward? Could be.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I booked the hotels through booking.com.
    I/we paid slightly more so we have the option to cancel for free (with 2 days to go) so we are are totally prepared for failure!
    Or covid-20 (the re-match) can scupper the lot......

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I will definitely being doing a european trip next year, but won't be booking anything until the new year. Like @Tigcraft I'm still waiting for money back, ours from a collapsed cruise compamy for holidays in 2020. Also we were lucky with the ferry company this year following us not being able to travel to Spain, they refunded our fare. I won't be taking any unnecessary risk for next year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I have two unused crossings to Eire and a Chunnel ticket to carry forward to 2021. Took me 6 months to get my money back of Thievin' O'leary for a cancelled flight to Tenerife in March. I count myself lucky though, managed a 10 day road trip to Scotland in September just before the Poisonous One slammed the door on us.............

I won't be booking anything until well into the new year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Mate and I have a route planned,well he planned it, for West Coast of Scotland. Were due to go in May, then September so hopefully get there next year :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I have two unused crossings to Eire and a Chunnel ticket to carry forward to 2021. Took me 6 months to get my money back of Thievin' O'leary for a cancelled flight to Tenerife in March. I count myself lucky though, managed a 10 day road trip to Scotland in September just before the Poisonous One slammed the door on us.............

I won't be booking anything until well into the new year.
    We spent some time on the West, it was breathtaking and more so then we had expected. It will be a regular trip for us now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Nothing booked but we're now overdue for the trip to Spain to see my mate who lives in Murcia. Then there's the MotoGP races, endurance seriesm Nordkapp to Gibraltar, visiting a mate in Tennessee and a road trip to New Orleans...the list is long. Sadly, longer than the time available or the trailing zeroes in my bank balance.

• Like Like x 4
  12. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Been to Freiburg with the Missus a few years back. It's a very nice place in a very nice area, should be great on the bike.
    I'm hoping to do at least one Spanish trip next year, a trip up to Scotland and hopefully a quick trip to France.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #13 Sandi T, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    Mr. Sandi and I cancelled a bunch o' trips this year due to my bicycle accident and to COVID. A scuba trip in March and a big motorcycle trip with five friends in June (New MX, Colorado, Utah). And several annual MC rallies were cancelled, too, so we're looking forward to those next year (Las Vegas Bike Fest, Cave Creek/Arizona Bike Week., Laughlin River Run).

Hope to dive again in 2021 and to perhaps replan the group motorcycle trip, too. We're also hoping to get to the UK for GMU (if there is one) and to see Mr. Sandi's ancestral grounds. But we're also learning to take life more day-by-day and have been thankful to get in a motorcycle overnighter here and there in the past couple of months. Time will tell.....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Long weekend on IOM booked for September, I know, I know, the races aren’t in September but I’m not going for the racing, I’m going to have a look around and ride some nice roads. Airbnb booked, can cancel up to 3 days before for free, ferry cancellations are on a sliding scale so not too much to worry about if we still aren’t out of this $h!t storm.
    Hoping to do others.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Andy, there are races in September the MGP races run into that month the 1st and 3rd.

I’ve got two trips to the IOM carried over from this year booked for the racing that got cancelled this year,I may make it 3 trips as I used to do.

Don’t know about anything else,it’s to early for me to commit :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I won't be booking anything yet - we've just got no idea how this bloody virus will play out. :mad:
    We were lucky in getting our money back from the failed Spanish tour planned for September and I have a tunnel crossing credit from my failed trip to France.
    I will probably book something last minute in France or Germany and use the tunnel as you don't need to cancel the booking, just move it to another date.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Cheers Dave, don’t know why my dumb ass put September cos we’re going in August:joy:
    It’s on my bucket list to see some IOM racing, just wanted to get the boys gee’d up and get something sorted. Can you recommend a good shop that sells plenty of hob nobs.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. GPT100

GPT100 Active Member

Sep 13, 2016
    East Durham Coast
    With a bit of luck I ll be going to Northern Ireland in May for the NW200 races.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    The first thing I'm going to do with the money is buy a time machine.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Seeing as your from Yorkshire Andy I guess you’d be looking for a bargain :joy:

Most of the supermarkets are Shoprite with a few Tesco’s and Co-Ops dotted around the island so nearer your departure date I suggest you scan their websites to see who’s selling the chocolate hobnobs the cheapest. Who knows there may be some out of date packets being sold in a sale:joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1