Bonny T120 Front Tire Issue

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by DaFoole, Jan 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DaFoole

DaFoole Member

Have a 17 Bonnie Black T120. Just swapped out the OEM tires (~7k miles) for a set of Shinko 705's. 1st ride the other day and loved them!! Transformed the bike and felt great. Took it pretty easy as they were new and slippery. Did about 30 miles on a 50 degree day. Got home and found chunks gone out of my front. At first I thought it was the dreaded Shinko chunk-fest but after a bit more groping about I found the bracket under the front fender had been rubbing the tire. Didn't see the ridges that would suggest the bolts ends make contact. It was not the entire tire but about a foot in one area. Did not feel any rubbing/resistance when I rotated the tire on the center stand with the front jacked up when I put the tires on. I can only figure with the short freeway run (about 8 miles at 75mph, staying with traffic) it expanded out and hit the bracket. Got the front as a 120/90-18 as others have run. Looking at the bracket I believe I can dremel away the contact areas which are a bit lower and contacting the tire. Anyone else experienced this?

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Localised contact also means your tyre/wheel is mildly eccentric. Me too!

• Agree Agree x 1