1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    Hi, we spend holidays with the family in Istria again, and as last year my family took the 4 seats in the car already.
    Courteous as I am, I left them this space and took the Bonnie to go from home to Istria, with a comfortable common overnight stay in Austria (my holidays start by leave already).
    First day - was 95% ride in light rain, arriving in Austria after 593km a pleasure...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    #2 T-Bird, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    So, second day lead the car to the motorway – and Bonnie to Triglav mountain national park in Slovenia.
    A motorbikers dream – even the curves are made of cobblestones.
    Watch some overworked car drivers… some with yellow number templates ;). Bonnie’s torque got them all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Left south through most beautiful landscape with roads of first class to a small road at the mountains between Slovenia and Italy.
    Take your time for watching but also to honour memories and memorials for 60.000 lives, who died in the WW1 battles at the Isonzo river for nothing…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I fetched a quite small border crossing even with an old-fashioned barrier between Slovenia and Croatia later the day – that official only paid attention to Bonnie but not on my passport!
    Happened a few times already – Bonnie gets some attention, unfortunately most by older men only…

Our host in Vodnjan was again very hospitable – Bonnie got her “room” in the old garage were already my Intruder was past 2 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    T-Bird
    Some terrific pictures there. What a nice machine. Put you in the real gentleman league.
    Ride Free & Enjoy
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    One tour another day started an early morning rise to get the ferry to Cres island, which I rode to South point at Losinj island.
    Hot day, worth every drop of sweat, I can only recommend this for a ride when you’re there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    T-Bird.
    Some terrific shots there. It looks glorious there. Keep it up.
    Regards
    Joe.

6. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    #6 T-Bird, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Second was a round-Istria trip, which of course one needs to visit the Ucka mountain top.
    [​IMG]
    The way is officially closed to public, but there’s a big tolerance, to say. Ducati and BMW (the inescapable GS) have been there same time.
    Potholes are for free – and by the way, it wasn’t me with the guardrail…
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day’s end was at Limski fjord – see the pics, there’s enough stuff to see and even some nice curves and serpentines in the North of that peninsula.
    [​IMG]

I will come back again, haven't seen it all.

• Like Like x 3
  7. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    My way home was including a visit to Mangart mountain in Slovenia, most familiar to most riders I know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arrival as the leave – light rain starting some 100km before home. :)

BR, Thomas

• Like Like x 3
  8. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    T-Bird.
    Woh truly stunning. You know that's a trip well worth taking. So historic and natural. I love it.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1