Bonnie on the Centre Stand?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Monkeyjoe, Jun 1, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    If you struggle to get the Bonnie on it's centre stand (as I did) then there is a really good way to do it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8XIzCQv3Fs

It worked 1st time time for me, really quite easy... I use one bit of wood only, 5in wide and only about 1 foot long, I also don't bother with the brick for the sidestand but it works a treat! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    If you think the Bonnie is difficult then you should have a try on my Daytona 1000 (it does help to get angry first) :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Its a good idea but side stand looks good to me when I'm out , wouldn't want to carry wood around LOL , the centre stand on the speedmaster is relatively easy to do anyway ,but if it helps some people and safe the back some strain the Happy days :smile:

4. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    I tried everything apart from one-armed press ups Steve... even angry didn't work :mad: so don't think I'm quite ready to try a Daytona yet :smile:

5. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    Yeh buddy, your right, I only put it on the centre stand for maintenance, any other time it's on the side stand... and you never know, maybe carrying a bit of wood around on my bike will start a new trend! watch this space! :biggrin:

6. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    yes I am the same the only use the centre stand for maintenance though I would like some sort of handle like on the royal enfield

7. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Thanks for that, just put a center stand on my old thunderbird and the first time I tried to use it, I thought I turned into a complete weakling :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Bloody hell this is an ancient thread!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I noticed the difference from just a 1cm checker plate under the center stand in my shed. Ended up levelling off the floor height to help make getting the bike on the stand easier and stop me sending the bike through the wall of the shed when I take it off the stand.

• Like Like x 2
  10. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    No centre stand on my Street Twin (as standard) so I've fitted TEC bobbins through the rear axle and use a paddock stand. Easy peasy and no back strain for us short-of-leg types.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    This worked for me

“Best way to get it up on the center stand is to just straddle the bike while stepping on the center stand with your left foot then pull the bars up toward you. It will pop right up.“

I definitely miss having the grab handle, though

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    This worked for me

“Best way to get it up on the center stand is to just straddle the bike while stepping on the center stand with your left foot then pull the bars up toward you. It will pop right up.“

I definitely miss having the Meriden-style left-side grab handle, though. Fehling list one for the 2017-on Bikes but I don’t know whether it would fit my 2013 model?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cape Cod Carl

Cape Cod Carl Member

Mar 31, 2019
    Plymouth Ma
    Hi, just a suggestion from someone 5'3'' - 155 lbs . I would love to straddle the bike and put it on the stand but I,m lucky to reach the ground ! Here's the key thing to do -full lock left on the bars ,left hand on bars ,right hand right behind shock,put your full weight on the centerstand tab lean back and pull. Even a strapping physical specimen such as I can do it.Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1