Bonneville Won't Start After Filling The Tank

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DBS, Mar 16, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DBS

DBS New Member

Mar 16, 2021
    Serbia
    Hello, my first post here. So happy with my new T100, but yesterday, after filling the tank with gas (full tank) Bonneville wouldn't start. This lasted for 10 minutes. Another strange thing was that fuel level display indicator stayed on 1/3, a fuel level before filling the tank, only after I succeded in starting the engine indicator showed full tank.
    She is 2019 model.

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    DBS.
    Welcome to the family. Don't forget that when you start your beastie no throttle till it reads all the bits and pieces it needs to. My Bonnie I don't think has ever shown the right level. I just know the tank is full. If you get problems do let us all know stating everything that happens. But I feel you are over it now and the beastie just threw it toys out of the pram there.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

If it's the same as my Sprint, fuel gauge can take 10 mins or more to register the refilled tank.
    As for starting, two possibilities I can think of-possible airlock, or use of the "choke". If it happens again, try opening the fuel cap. My Bonneville needs to have cold starting lever on position 1 even when warm, in order to start correctly. And NO THROTTLE. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DBS

DBS New Member

Mar 16, 2021
    Serbia
    Thanks Joe. Maybe you're right. I was just wandering is it something that happens from time to time to T100.

5. DBS

DBS New Member

Mar 16, 2021
    Serbia
    Thanks for the suggestion Smilinjack. I would think of that fuel cap trick in a million years.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  7. DBS

DBS New Member

Mar 16, 2021
    Serbia
    Thanks littleade great to be here.

Zdravo Helmut Visor :)