Bonneville T100 micro indicators and tail tidy suggestions

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BonneRobbie, Jan 9, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BonneRobbie

BonneRobbie New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Planning on replacing my front and rear indicators to something smaller than standard and also taking off the rear fender and adding a tail tidy.

Question is, does anyone know which micro indicators are UK road legal? And to be UK legal do the indicators have to be on the rear next tot he rear light, or can they be mounted on the back forks?

Thinking of something like this from British Customs, but not sure they're E approved:
    Triumph Motorcycle Retro Turn Signals

Or something like the ones on this custom job (please ignore the person who happens to be riding riding the bike), but I've no idea where to find them
    http://www.bonnefication.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/eo4q2325.jpg

And then thinking of removing the rear mud guard and something like this for the tail tidy and, ideally without indicators included, as I'm hoping to mount them on the forks:
    British Customs Cateye Fender Eliminator Kit

Unless anyone's seen anything a bit slicker?

Any suggestions of links for suppliers would be great.

thanks

2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    BonneRobbie

Sorry about the wait to approve this on to the forum, I got caught up with the usual family and work stuff.

I also moved it here as it seemed a better place for it.

With regards to indicators it is always best to go with the E stamped stuff, if in doubt it might be best to have a chat with you local MOT garage as they would be able to give you a definitive answer.

I think in a way that with the T100's the biggest issue is that there is too much choice as there are so many different companies that make aftermarket stuff for these bikes.

Cheers

Steve

3. Stuvin

Stuvin New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Got a set of tiny black indicators with smoked lenses off Ebay from China, £ 17.50 inc postage. They seem fairly well made and came quick enough. I went for bulbs not LEDS to save mucking about with resistors. Also got a small rear light and break light combined with no plate holder and plan to cut mudguard back to bare minimum to mount it. Saves paying a hundred and odd quid for a tail tidy.

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Have ordered the same British Customs ones you were looking at BonneRobbie, and they arrive tomorrow so will let you know what I think. Hope to fit them at the weekend as I already have the front indicator relocator bar and the rear ones to fit on the top of the shocks. Have also got a new retro style lucas tail light to replace the stock set up.
    Most looking forward to being able to get the bloody key out of the ignition without hitting the front indicator!

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Fair play to the guy, good to see people making their own stuff but I would make a right arse of that!