Bonneville T100 Centre Stand Center Stand

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by gdslick, Jan 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gdslick

gdslick New Member

Dec 25, 2019
    Australia
    Hello All, I've got a 2012 T100 and I purchased a centre stand (aftermarket) on Ebay. It looks well made and I installed the stand no problem, but there are no instructions and I can't work out where the C-bracket connects to the frame. I've looked on youtube to no avail. Also, there are two springs. On youtube, many stands have two springs that fit inside eachother, but these two springs are the same diameter. Has anyone more clever than me out there solved this particular problem? Cheers.

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, somebody should be along shortly with and answer for you..:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum.

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

• Like Like x 1
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Hi and welcome in :)

I recently fitted a centre stand to my bonneville, and if your aftermarket stand is the same as the Triumph one then you might find locating the springs and C bracket a bit of a pain. The way I eventually got the springs on was in reverse to step 12 in the instructions, by locating the C bracket to the retaining mount first, then looping cord over the hook end of just the inner spring, and pulling the cord to stretch the inner spring and attaching that to the lug on the centre stand, and then use the cord again to stretch and attach the outer spring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Hi and welcome

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gdslick

gdslick New Member

Dec 25, 2019
    Australia
    Thanks for Welcome everyone - I wasn't expecting such a quick response and the welcomes - cheers!

MadMrB - thanks for the tips, which I anticipate will be important, but I'm not quite at the spring attaching part yet, because I can't work out whether the other end of the C-bracket connects. Did your kit come with a bolt or connecting bracket for this? If not, where did you attach it? I don't have the instructions and can't seem to find them online.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    G'day gdslick, and welcome in :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #10 MadMrB, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    The instructions for the Triumph centre stand are available at the link @Callumity posted previously.

You should have something like part 7 in the diagram below:

Capture.PNG

The spring retainer goes into an existing mounting point in the frame, which is located appoximately behind the pivot point of the rear brake lever:

Capture2.PNG

I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gdslick

gdslick New Member

Dec 25, 2019
    Australia
    OK, problem is now diagnosed (if not yet solved) - I was missing a part as well as instructions! I can't access that link at the moment, but thanks Cullumity - I had found that by Google before, but it doesn't work for me, but maybe it is a problem with my settings.

I'll hassle the seller to see if I can get the part, if not, now that I have the crucial part of the instructions, I should be able to find some work-around - thanks again to all of you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    If you have to source the parts yourself then you need parts 6 and 15 listed in this link (please double check the part numbers for your VIN): https://www.worldoftriumph.com/part...triumphmc/modelid/610810/block/100064994-0-2/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Welcome from sunny California.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Gdslick
    Welcome to the family. Hope this helps. Joe
    100_0029.JPG 100_0028.JPG 100_0027.JPG 100_0026.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  17. gdslick

gdslick New Member

Dec 25, 2019
    Australia
    Joe, you are a legend, and thanks for the link MrMadB - that's exactly what I needed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Mate & Welcome to the Forum :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  19. gdslick

gdslick New Member

Dec 25, 2019
    Australia
    Follow up, and a cautionary tale: With all the information I got from the forum, it became clear to me that the after market stand I got for $215 Australian Dollars from ebay (China), bore little resemblance to $369 Triumph part. My Chinese friends, after some polite exchanges by email, happily refunded my money, and I bought the Triumph stand, which I have just successfully fitted.

If you are reading this, and about to fit the stand yourself, my tip is that when you get to the part where you have to hook the C Bracket over the little post, remove the front sprocket cover (ie, the oval shaped chrome bowl, above your footpeg). I couldn't get the C Bracket hooked on, because there's very little room in there, and you can't see unless you remove the front sprocket cover. it was quite easy once I did this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  20. John.woodgate

John.woodgate New Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Bristol
    • Like Like x 1