Bonneville Switched Power For Satnav?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Sir Trev, Jul 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Hi all

Looking to add my TomTom spaznav to my new T100. Any recommendations for a switched live in the headlight bezel I can run the cables to? I'd rather not run the leads under the tank to the battery.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi I got myself a couple of piggy back spade connectors and ran it off the horn on my tiger seems to be working ok

3. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Under the seat is a useless place for the USB connector imo but its assembly can be unplugged from the bike harness, so what I did was to unplug it, cut the cable then extend it to run under the tank and up to the instruments. The USB socket is now on a homemade bracket behind the fly screen, handy for the (in my case) iPhone holder.
    Photos here - https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/phone-holder-and-usb-move.9154/#post-107934

4. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Spot on Crispey. One piggy back spade on the switched live and a ring terminal on the bracket - the horn was a perfect place to get my power supply. No more charging for half a day in the car so I can use it on the bike - hoorah!

• Like Like x 1
  5. big pete 68

big pete 68 New Member

Jan 27, 2017
    york
    Hi, I connected my sat nav to front side light in head light unit

6. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I wimped out of the sidelight option when I saw how cramped it was inside the bezel :no_mouth:

7. RobH

RobH Member

May 2, 2019
    Dunstable
    Re-using this thread rather than start a new one:
    Just picked up my 2017 T120 and bought a new TomTom 550 for it. I had assumed one should run wiring under the tank to the seat and use some feed off the fuse box. My question was, how does one get the cables under the tank? without taking it off!!
    But, if its ok to run the satnav off the horn 12v feed that sounds easier I guess? Anything to take note of in order to access the horn i.e. undoing the assembly on the handlebar etc?