Bonneville Shock Length

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Bryn, Jul 2, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bryn

Bryn Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Croft, Leicestershire
    A bit of info needed please.... I’m looking for a centre stand for my 2013 Bonneville SE, and up to now found that the T100 stand is totally different... I now, thanks to the forum, know the part number I need...

the only thing I need to check is if the Ohlins shocks fitted to my bike are the same length as standard ones....I understand the standard length on the SE is 340mm.....mine are 340mm when on the side stand

could someone with stand standard shocks on an SE please measure theirs on the side stand
    I just need convincing that the compression on the side stand is not giving me a false reading ;)

I don’t want to find out having bought a centre stand that it doesn’t lift the rear wheel off the floor..:(

2. Bryn

Bryn Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Croft, Leicestershire
    C’mon chaps... I’m waiting to press the button on a centre stand :p

3. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    340 is stock according to the YSS website

I went 10mm over the stock size, made bike much easier to lift onto the centre stand and still left clearance under the rear tyre for chain maintainance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Bryn

Bryn Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Croft, Leicestershire
    thanks.... does yours actually measure 350 mm when on the Center stand ?

5. Bryn

Bryn Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Croft, Leicestershire
    Bottomed it :cool:

raised the wheel off the ground with a trolley jack on the centre stand lug and then measured it... no change, so ordered the kit :)

thanks for the suggestions

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Yes. Fully extended with clearance under the [cast] wheel

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Eric_H

Eric_H Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    #7 Eric_H, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    The standard length of the shocks on my SE is 330mm and that is the length of shocks I was sent when I purchased some Nitros from Hagon. I have a Triumph centre stand fitted that I assume is right for my bike and there is about 2" of clarence under the rear wheel when the bike is on it. I know it probably doesn't help now if you've purchased the centre stand for your SE but my understanding is that the T100 uses 340mm shocks. on a positive note if you fit the centre stand the longer shocks may help when cornering. I tend to grind mine if I'm getting giddy in the corners when two up with my Ephalump.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Bryn

Bryn Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Croft, Leicestershire
    Looking forward to getting the centre stand kit ( from Italy) and fitting it :cool:

• Like Like x 1