Bonneville or Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by davem, Aug 31, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. davem

davem New Member

Aug 25, 2013
    #1 davem, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    I am new to the forum, and currently in the market for a Bonneville or Thunderbird. But which one?
    By the way if you have either, for sale in the north west region of the uk please give me a heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Hi & welcome to the forum mate. Do you not fancy a Speedmaster or an America? The Bonneville & the Thunderbird are completely different bikes really to compare but both very good machines in their own right.

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi welcome to the forum :upyeah:

4. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum Davem. As Pig said they're two very different machines so it depends on how you intend to use them. Have you test riden either yet? In their own right they are two very good bikes and either would put a big grin on your face.

5. davem

davem New Member

Aug 25, 2013
    I like the look of the American/Speed master but was thinking of more traditional. So really I can't go wrong with either the Bonneville or Thunderbird. I am leaning more to the Bonneville, mainly due to the iconic name.

6. davem

davem New Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Hi Richard

And thanks for the welcome, hope to meet you on a ride out some time when I source a suitable bike.

7. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Welcome to the forum good luck,, try and find a dealer who will let you try them out, easiet way to decide...

8. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    Welcome, this baby is for sale in MCM great bike many mods.[​IMG]