Bonneville Mag Suspension

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by 12roundfight, Mar 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 12roundfight

12roundfight New Member

Mar 27, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    Hey all, I have a 2012 Bonneville SE that I have modified into a cafe racer. I’m looking to beef up the rear suspension and raise the height of the rear end in the process. Any suggestions on the best way to do This? I’m looking for a recommendation as to what type of shocks I should install.

P.S. I’m not a fan of TEC products. Looking for specific models of Hagon, Progressive, Ohlins, or similar make shocks that would be a good fit on this bike and raise the rear end. Thanks!

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I used a set of Hagon Nitros, 10mm longer than std, on my Newchurch Bonnie.
    Worked well and stopped the pegs from continuously hitting the deck on corners/roundabouts.
    Even got the silver springs changed for black ones for free as well.
    Shame you're not in the UK as I've sold the bike now but have the Nitro shocks for sale.

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum :cool:
    I have a 2012 SE (in the correct colour) fitted with Hagon shocks, but the standard length for a Bonneville. I believe that the Thruxton or Scrambler shocks are longer if you want to raise the rear end.